Credit Risk Analyst (B2B)/Underwriter (m/w/x)
Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
We are currently looking for an experienced Merchant Risk Analyst to join our talented Risk Team in our Berlin HQ.
🎯 What you will contribute:
- Design, develop, and maintain underwriting processes to safely onboard merchants to the Grover Platform
- Optimize ongoing portfolio monitoring to detect any adverse changes in the merchant base
- Build, validate, and clean datasets for risk analysis
- Manage, maintain, and support automated and manual review efforts (order approval, fraud detection)
🤝 What you bring:
- 3+ years of Merchant Risk experience, preferably in both credit and fraud
- Experience in constructing and optimizing processes for speed and accuracy
- Policy-oriented mindset and analytics approach to business
- Knowledge of third-party platforms that enhance merchant risk decisioning
- Experience with SQL
- Team player who is not afraid to get hands dirty
- Ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills
❤️🔥 What you will love about us:
- Hybrid model with flexible working hours
- BVG monthly discount to drive you everywhere in Germany
- Mental health support with Nilohealth
- Physical health support with ClassPass
- Annual learning budget of 1000€
- Exclusive Grover Tech discount for your friends and family
- Engaging, open office located in Berlin-Schöneberg with regular events
- A diverse global team of 70 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
If you fancy an influential role and making our world a little greener, become part of the Grover Family, and let's grow together. 💚
We are looking forward to e-meeting you! 🚀