Claims Handler - INSHUR (UK)
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with loads of opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Claims Handler to join us at INSHUR. Supported by (and reporting to) the Team Leader, you'll be joining a friendly team of claims professionals who thrive on delivering exceptional service to INSHUR customers.
You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, US and the Netherlands, and new European countries as we expand.
What you'll do
As a Claims Handler you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end handling of third-party motor claims, ensuring efficient resolution.
Evaluate claims to determine liability and negotiate settlements with third parties.
Develop strong relationships with third-party insurers, brokers, and intermediaries.
Collaborate with internal teams to enhance claims processes and ensure a seamless customer journey.
Embrace our technology-driven approach to maintain accurate records and reporting within our claims management system.
We don’t have a definite checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have plenty of experience in the insurance arena and are looking for more than just a job.
- Understand the importance of negotiating and clear communication
- Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service
Your colleagues say you:
- Exceptionally proactive
- Brimming with initiative
- A team player who is as eager to impart knowledge as to absorb it
- Customer-focused with an eagle eye for refining processes for better strategic outcomes.
What we offer
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Up to 13 weeks of parental leave at full pay, regardless of your gender
- Flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
INSHUR is the fastest-growing global provider of insurance for the on-demand economy, making coverage fair and accessible for drivers.
Cutting edge technology underpins our revolutionary offering for on demand drivers, keeping premiums affordable and
delivering results for partners. With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of our teammates and the people around us
And… Enjoying the ride!
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.