Senior QA Engineer - INSHUR (UK)
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with loads of opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join us at INSHUR; we are based in sunny Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included) and we split our work between home and the office (hybrid working) which typically includes working from our Brighton office at least once a week
You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, US and the Netherlands, and new European countries as we expand.
Supported by (and reporting to) a Principal Engineer, you'll be joining a friendly team of 30+ Engineers who believe in shipping high quality code to production as often as possible.
We’ve got a great team in place and are a people-culture-first business (check out our Glassdoor reviews). We value high performance and care deeply about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
What you'll do
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be responsible for enhancing our development and deployment pipelines, implementing automation strategies, and advocating for QA best practices.
- Champion the improvement of our development and deployment pipelines to enhance product quality.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of testing methodologies for web applications, RESTful, and GraphQL API services.
- Possess extensive experience with TDD/BDD and CI/CD methodologies.
- Adhere to and promote good software development practices, including Repository Management, Branching Strategies, and Clean Code principles.
- Familiarity with modern languages/Tools , such as Java, Go, Typescript, Postman / CucumberJVM / CucumberJs / K6 / Karate etc. is a plus.
We don’t have a definite checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have plenty of experience in/with Software QA and Automation tools
- Understand that quality code is essential to the success of any engineering project
- Are passionate about all things QA & Automation
- Helped implement new and improve existing QA methods/tools and processes within a fast paced engineering environment
- Understand the value of the BDD/TDD approach
Your colleagues say you:
- You're diligent and pragmatic, balancing attention to detail with a focus on the bigger picture
- You understand when to automate and when not to, striking the right balance for efficiency and effectiveness
- You excel at crafting strategies but also enjoy staying involved in day-to-day details
- You have a solid ability to mentor and develop the skills of junior team members
What we offer
Our budget for this role is up to £65,000 and we will take into account any previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Up to 13 weeks of parental leave at full pay, regardless of your gender
- Flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
INSHUR is the fastest-growing global provider of insurance for the on-demand economy, making coverage fair and accessible for drivers.
Cutting edge technology underpins our revolutionary offering for on demand drivers, keeping premiums affordable and delivering results for partners. With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of our teammates and the people around us
And… Enjoying the ride!
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.