Claims Specialist - INSHUR (US)
We are looking for a Claim Specialist 1 here at INSHUR. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories, including the US, UK, and the Netherlands, and new European countries and US states as we expand.
Supported by (and reporting to) Shalonne O’Tey and Chanel Jones, you'll be joining a friendly team of twelve who believe in delivering great customer service in Claims.
We value high performance and care deeply about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
What you'll do
As our Claim Specialist I you will be responsible for handling initial loss reports, assigning claim owners, identifying exposures, answering questions, and delivering great customer service by phone and email.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have at least eight months’ experience handling loss reports in a call center environment at a recognized P&C insurance carrier.
- Have already secured an insurance license in Texas, or can secure a license within 45 days.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand that customer satisfaction and retention is driven by handling claims well.
- Are passionate about building a successful career in Claims.
- Helped resolve customer concerns in your most recent role.
- Understand the value of contributing to a team’s shared success.
- Able to commute to/from our office in Las Calinas, Texas, on a daily basis.
Your colleagues say you:
- Have a thirst for knowledge
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Are building a career, not just a job
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
We offer all our employees stock options and we've built a benefits package that invests in our employees’ long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 25 days PTO (+ 5 days after 5 years) and 5 days sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Basic Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401k match
- Up to 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Annual training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly flexible well-being allowance to help you remain healthy and productive
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
INSHUR is the fastest-growing global provider of insurance for the on-demand economy, making coverage fair and accessible for drivers.
Cutting edge technology underpins our revolutionary offering for on demand drivers, keeping premiums affordable and delivering results for partners. With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of our teammates and the people around us
And… Enjoying the ride!
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability, or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share, or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.