Senior Analytics Engineer
Do you want to join the Bulgarian research & development center of Boston's hottest startup? Insurify is one of the fastest-growing MIT FinTech businesses and has been recognized as a global Top 100 InsurTech company. We're changing the way millions of people compare and buy insurance with artificial intelligence, technology, and superior product design.
Founded in 2013 by Snejina Zacharia (CEO), Todor Kiryazov (CPO) and Giorgos Zacharia, Co-founder and Board Member, Insurify has raised $128 million in venture capital funding from top investors including Viola Group, MTech Capital, Hearst Ventures, Nationwide Ventures and MassMutual Ventures.
Our team is highly analytical, fast-moving, and focused on one thing: getting more people to compare insurance quotes using Insurify.
How you will make an impact
- Develop scalable and robust data pipelines to propel the company forward
- Provide expertise in data modeling techniques to optimize performance and minimize technical debt
- Enhance the design and execution of our customer acquisition bidding algorithms
- Lead the team in adopting and promoting best data practices throughout the company
- Contribute your insights. Our team is dedicated to devising and implementing data solutions that fuel business growth. This position isn’t merely about completing assigned tasks; we highly value your input and vision
- At its core, this role emphasizes leveraging data to enhance all facets of our business. We’re seeking an individual eager to address a diverse set of structured and unstructured challenges using data!
- Seek opportunities to transition our batch ETL system to real-time processing
- Manage the data warehouse, adapting it to the evolving needs as the company grows
- Formulate analytical strategies for elements such as multi-armed bandits and mobile applications
- Supervise the design of increasingly complex bidding algorithms as the company ventures into new channels
- Implement data solutions to enhance the data quality received from our insurance partners, bolstering trust in the data
What you need to succeed
- A team player with a solid work ethic who is ready to pivot between projects, learn from mistakes, always move forward, and help build the next big thing in insurance!
- You take pride in delivering high quality work every time
- You are excited to come in and help unlock value for the company and our team by bringing your expertise
- 2+ years experience working in a similar role transforming data to unlock business value
- Experience modeling data in a warehouse environment (dbt experience nice to have)
- Solid python skills and good programming fundamentals
- Quick learning ability and a drive suitable for the startup hustle.
- Employee stock options
- 25 days annual leave
- Enhanced private medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Yearly wellbeing budget or Multisport card
- Personal budget for learning and books
- Employee Assistance Program and other wellbeing perks
- Office kitchen and fun area with snacks and beverages
- Regular social events
- Friendly office culture
- Hybrid office/home work