Senior Quality Automation Engineer
Unity is seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer, who will help to realize software quality by streamlining testing with a strong set of test development skills and automation tools/frameworks. The position will involve creating automation framework from scratch, developing E2E automation tests, and helping with ensuring the high quality of our company's cutting edge products.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid position based in our Bangalore office.
What you'll be doing
- You will collaborate closely with business and development teams as part of the practices defined by Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)/Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- You will use your test automation skills and testing mindset to perform various types of testing for software solutions
- You will play a variety of tasks including manual test cases creation and execution, defect management, hands-on development of the Java/python technology stack to support Gherkin/Cucumber-based tests, implementing, and executing test automation,
- test reporting and creating relevant documentation to support overall application compliance for complex, multi-tier applications
- Work closely with the software development team to enhance testing through an in-depth understanding of the system and source code under test and to report, reproduce and debug issues
- Estimate and develop Java/Python-based test automation using ATDD/BDD tools and design, develop, test, maintain, and execute scripts across different test environments for consistency
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in designing and building automated test frameworks for web
- 3+ years of experience in in Python or, Java
- Knowledge of WebDriver protocol, Selenium or Appium
- Strong technical experience on multiple platforms (Linux, OS X, iOS, Windows, etc.)
- Define/create and maintain test plans and strategies for existing and new projects
- Create and implement test plans by analyzing and reviewing project requirement documents, while participating in requirement-gathering sessions with businesses to help define acceptance test criteria
- Configure and schedule test automation within a Jenkins Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline
- Create automated test cases, execute, and report defects, daily test status as well as overall testing status
You might also have
- Motivated Team player, with very strong analytical, diagnostic, and debugging skills who can demonstrate ownership and accountability through self-directed task management
- Experience with Dockers, GCP/AWS, Github, Jenkins, DB’s
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.