Manager, Accounts Payable
We are looking for a Manager, Accounts Payable, to join our team in India! As the Manager of Accounts Payable, you will be part of the global FinOps organization based in India reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounts Payable. As a team lead, you will be responsible for the successful and seamless execution of the end-to-end A/P process (vendor set-up, invoicing, payments, queries, expense reimbursements) and expense reimbursement process.
You will have the opportunity to execute on operational and automation enhancements, by working cross-functionally with the company’s Accounting, Treasury, Finance, Procurement, HR and IT teams to ensure FinOps excellence.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid position based in our Bangalore office.
What you'll be doing
- Management and oversight of Accounts Payable specialists to ensure efficient operation and adherence to Company policies
- Perform and approve various duties for the Accounts Payable function including processing vendor invoices, working closely with cross-functional teams securing appropriate approvals, payment processing, monitoring of Accounts Payable queries etc.
- Ensure invoices meet local tax requirements or proper tax invoice submission, work with vendors directly as needed to ensure compliance with policies
- Collaborate with key business partners including Procurement, Accounting, and IT to enhance processes, execute on automation projects and ensure the effectiveness of information flow
- Responsible for maintaining adequate documents and records from tax and other statutory requirements
- Ensure SOX compliance and maintain internal controls for the respective areas of responsibility by monitoring/updating accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Train, mentor and develop team members
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of experience in increased responsibility in the full cycle procure to pay process, preferably with multinational public companies
- Strong understanding of Accounts Payable functions including vendor set-up, invoicing, payments, statutory deductions and compliance of TDS, GST etc.
- Strong skills in process controls, MS Office suite of applications (e.g. Word, intermediate excel skills, Powerpoint), and large ERP systems (e.g Workday).
- Experience with AP automation tools
- Customer-service driven individual who possess the ability to multitask, manage deadlines and work in time-sensitive situations
- Problem-solver who can identify and resolve issues including the ability to execute on automation and process improvement projects
- Experience with supervising a team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent; Chartered Accountant designation or equivalent is an asset
You might also have
- Previous experience in the technology industry
- Relocation support is not available for this position.
- International relocation support is not available for this position.
- Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.