Senior Project Manager, Accounting (Non-Tech)
We are looking for a Project Manager, Accounting, to join our team in India! The Project Manager will play a key role in planning, coordinating and executing on various accounting initiatives, working closely with business partners to set alignment on delivery plans.
Who are we looking for? Someone who is passionate about driving the success and efficiency in the accounting organization through successfully handling project and program deliveries, who can take accounting requirements and translate them into practical plans, and help lead milestone completion from conceptualization to planning to execution. The Project Manager will collaborate with business accounting and technical teams to deliver solutions that are scalable, often driving consensus between cross-functional teams. This role will require strong communication skills, experience communicating project status to a broad audience and ability to follow appropriate escalation channels to ensure delivery as planned.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid position based in our Bangalore office. General working hours for this role will be 2pm-10pm IST during the weekdays.
What you'll be doing
- Working closely with business partners across the accounting organization to drive process improvements, automation and finance transformation
- Represent accounting when working closely with IT to ensure accounting requirements are met, being able to identify issues/blockers ahead of time and look around corners.
- Handle all aspects of the project lifecycles from planning to implementation, ensuring timelines, cross-functional alignment, and project deliveries are met
- Lead cross-functional status meetings, with accounting, tax, finance, and IT.
- Prepare workback schedules, project scopes to hold different partners accountable to deliver on time
- Be responsible for the collection and documentation of accounting requirements from various accounting teams; prepare delivery plans
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- 5+ years of experience working with large ERP systems (Workday Financials, Netsuite, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Experience in operational accounting, program management and Financial Systems Integration
- Experience owning program strategy from an accounting perspective, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint at an intermediate level
- Ability to optimize existing processes, people and systems in order to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily processes
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence people on different levels to align with and drive project results
- Must possess the ability to work quickly and accurately in time-sensitive situations with teams across the globe.
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing deadlines
You might also have
- Chartered Accountant
- Experience driving process improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Relocation support is not available for this position.
- International relocation support is not available for this position.
- Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.