Machine Learning Engineer
Who we are
Lightricks is a pioneer in innovative technology that bridges the gap between imagination and creation. As an AI-first company, with a mission to build an innovative photo and video creation platform, we aim to enable content creators and brands to produce engaging, top-performing content. Our state-of-the-art technology is focused on photo and video processing and is based on both groundbreaking facial recognition and generative AI features.
Our photo and video editing tools, including Facetune, Videoleap, and Photoleap, offer endless possibilities and inspiration, while the company’s brand platform, Popular Pays, offers brands the opportunity to scale their content by partnering with creators We focus on building an innovative photo and video creation platform, that enables creators and brands to produce engaging, top-performing content
Our brilliant minds in R&D take our products to the next level. Our areas of expertise include computer vision, machine learning, rendering, deep learning and computational photography. Our tech team also boasts a leading research team, allowing Lightricks to remain an industry leader. To read more about our team’s work, read our tech blog.
The Core Generative AI Research team is hiring a machine learning (ML) engineer. The team develops and trains cutting-edge generative AI models. A significant portion of our work is dedicated to building robust infrastructure for training large models efficiently and reliably, enabling fast experimentation with high confidence. Our challenges span diverse problem domains including distributed systems, efficient data pipelines, ML architecture design, managing large-scale training experiments, and benchmarking models.
What you will be doing
- Design and maintain infrastructure and models for training large Machine Learning systems, focusing on correctness, readability, performance, and ease of use to facilitate fast and reliable ML experimentation.
- Work closely with our researchers (in the same team), directing development efforts and conducting code reviews to ensure code quality and alignment with project objectives.
- Review, improve, and optimize code written by researchers, enhancing code efficiency and performance while adhering to best coding practices.
- Optimize data pipelines to ensure smooth data flow and efficiency, crucial for successful ML model training and evaluation.
- Optimize code for fast inference times, improving model response times and user experience.
- Develop tools to automate tasks and enforce coding conventions, helping users adhere to best practices and enhance productivity.
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code, setting a standard of excellence and inspiring others to elevate code quality.
Your skills and experience
- 4+ years of industry experience
- In depth Python experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant technical field
- Background in ML engineering/passion towards ML
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A plus - Experience leading a technical team or project
- A plus - Knowledge in machine learning and familiarity with ML frameworks (PyTorch/TF)