Senior Backend Engineer
Who we are
Lightricks is a pioneer in innovative technology that bridges the gap between imagination and creation. With a mission to build an innovative photo and video creation platform, we aim to enable creators and brands to produce engaging, top-performing content. Our state-of-the-art technology is focused on photo and video processing and is based on both groundbreaking facial recognition and generative AI features.
Our photo and video editing tools, including Facetune, Videoleap, and Photoleap, offer endless possibilities and inspiration, while the company’s brand platform, Popular Pays, offers brands the opportunity to scale their content by partnering with creators We focus on putting creators in the center and empowering them from the moment inspiration strikes.
The brilliant minds in R&D take our products to the next level using groundbreaking Machine Learning, Computer Graphics and AI features. Our state-of-the-art photo and video tools are based in computer vision, machine learning, rendering, deep learning and computational photography. To read more about our team’s work, read our tech blog.
What you will be doing
Lightricks' Payment and Billing Engineering Team is crucial to our global operations. This team manages vital systems such as processing user subscriptions, entitlements, and inter-user transactions.
- Lead the ownership and continuous enhancement of critical distributed system features, ensuring robust performance, scalability, and reliability in a mission-critical environment
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholder teams in the company such as dev teams, marketing, finance & customer support
- Designing and building automations for infrastructure, deployments and monitoring.
- Writing clean, maintainable and testable code, and inspiring others to do the same.
- Identifying and implementing software engineering best practices.
- Brainstorming feature design, system architecture improvements and troubleshooting.
Your skills and experience
- 4+ years of experience working on backend systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly independent, accountable and a team player
- Experience with Python/Java/Node.js or any other modern language
- Experience with developing highly available & scalable features over a distributed system
- Experience developing a cloud-based system (AWS/GCP/Azure) is a plus
- Experience working with serverless is a plus
- Experience working with payment / billing systems is a plus