Head of Fair Lending Risk and Analytics
Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is building a leading artificial intelligence network to help our partners grow their businesses and better serve their customers.
Pagaya powers a leading artificial intelligence network that enables banks, fintechs, merchants, lenders, and other B2C businesses to provide their customers with greater access to financial services. We help partners grow their customer base while managing risk, all with a seamless customer experience.
Pagaya’s network enables our partners’ customers access to credit across Auto, Credit Card, Personal loans, and Real Estate markets. We are also developing products in insurance, real estate, and more. Our network is fully automated and operating at scale - with the support of the Pagaya network, our partners have processed millions of applications, with a new application typically analyzed every second.
Let's create better outcomes together!
About the role
The Head of Fair Lending Risk & Analytics will operate as a key member of risk management team, and lead the Fair Lending testing and analytics function.
Reporting to and partnering with the Chief Risk Officer, The Head will maintain a primary focus on ensuring that compliance risks with respect to fair lending are adequately identified, assessed, monitored, and controlled across related product lines. This includes providing support for the personal loan, point of sale, small business, and credit card portfolios.
The candidate will provide ongoing support in continued implementation and expansion of the Fair Lending Program, which will include:
- Developing & maintaining policy, procedures and analytic process around fair lending review and testing
- Managing analysis and modeling team for regulatory review, with focus on fair lending evaluation & governance
- Overseeing design and execution of fair lending risk assessment process, including the identification, evaluation, documentation and reporting of risks and controls
- Working closely with the Applied Machine Learning, Credit, Legal & Compliance teams to support decisioning models and credit policies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in consumer finance compliance analytics, preferably fair lending testing and analytics
- Experience working with consumer finance laws and regulations including but not limited to Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Understanding of regulatory processes, activities, and requirements of a consumer finance company
- Knowledge of compliance risk management concepts, frameworks, methods, and good governance practices
- Must have strong testing and analytical skills (applied data, sampling, trend analysis etc.)
- Experience managing a team of compliance and/or fair lending analytics professionals
- Shares a learning mindset and is creative, accountable and humble.
The pay ranges for New York-based hires are commensurate with candidate experience. Pay range: $275,000-$300,000.
Pagaya was founded in 2016 by seasoned research, finance, and technology entrepreneurs with our head quarters located in NYC, Tel Aviv, Boston, and Zurich.
We move fast and smart, identifying new opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources. Every Pagaya team member is solving new and exciting challenges every day in a culture based on partnership, collaboration, and community.
Join a team of builders who are working every day to enable better outcomes for our partners and their customers.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We believe great solutions are built through a great community.
- Continuous Learning: It’s okay to not know something yet, but have the desire to grow and improve.
- Win for all: We exist to make sure all participants in the system win, which in turn helps Pagaya win.
- Debate and commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit to it fully.
- The Pagaya way: Break systems down to their most foundational element, and rebuild them unique to Pagaya.
More than just a job
We believe health, happiness, and productivity go hand-in-hand. That's why we're continually looking to enhance the ways we support you with benefits programs and perks that allow every Pagayan to do the best work of their life.