Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is building a leading artificial intelligence network to help our partners grow their businesses and better serve their customers.
Pagaya powers a leading artificial intelligence network that enables banks, fintechs, merchants, lenders, and other B2C businesses to provide their customers with greater access to financial services. We help partners grow their customer base while managing risk, all with a seamless customer experience.
Pagaya’s network enables our partners’ customers access to credit across Auto, Credit Card, Personal loans, and Point of Sale markets. We are also developing products in insurance, real estate, and more. Our network is fully automated and operating at scale - with the support of the Pagaya network, our partners have processed millions of applications, with a new application typically analyzed every second.
Let's create better outcomes together!
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Assistant Controller, to be responsible for:
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial statements, ensuring accuracy, compliance with accounting standards, and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Help manage the month-end and year-end close processes, including reconciliations, journal entries, and accruals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and monitor financial budgets and forecasts.
- Corporate accounting - monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes
- Work closely with bookkeepers and controllers. Support and advise them on accounting and tax-related matters.
- Enforcement of company’s policies, procedures, and SOX
- Projects oriented and improving processes
- CPA from a Big 4 firm, Hi-tech / Fin-tech companies experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
- Accurate and detailed oriented with high level of analytical and professional skills.
- Highly motivated and committed.
- Team player with good inter-personal and communication skills.
- ERP knowledge (preferable NetSuite) - an advantage.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in using accounting software and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Pagaya is a leading public company in the Fintech sector, Pagaya was founded in 2016 by seasoned research, finance, and technology entrepreneurs, and we are now 500+ strong in New York, Los Angeles, and Tel Aviv.
We move fast and smart, identifying new opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources. Every Pagaya team member is solving new and exciting challenges every day in a culture based on partnership, collaboration, and community.
Join a team of builders who are working every day to enable better outcomes for our partners and their customers.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We believe great solutions are built through a great community.
- Continuous Learning: It’s okay to not know something yet, but have the desire to grow and improve.
- Win for all: We exist to make sure all participants in the system win, which in turn helps Pagaya win.
- Debate and commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit to it fully.
- The Pagaya way: Break systems down to their most foundational element, and rebuild them unique to Pagaya.
Pagaya is an equal opportunity employer. Pagaya is encouraging diversity and actively seeking applicants from all backgrounds, as are committed to creating a diverse workforce together with an inclusive environment for all. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, skills, and business needs.