Legal Counsel, China
Have we got a job for you?!
Legal Counsel, China
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from 200 countries and territories. Leveraging its robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading digital brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure.
Payoneer is a leading fintech company built to disrupt today’s way of commerce. Payoneer has accumulated numerous prestigious accolades, including but not limited to:
Payoneer - one world, one platform, endless opportunities.
About Payoneer China
Ever since its inception, Payoneer China has grown at a blistering speed with 250+ employees serving hundreds of thousands of customers. Payoneer China currently is the market leader in cross border payments for ecommerce, B2B trade, and mobile applications. We are also well positioned to grow our business into other business verticals, delivering a portfolio of products and services.
This is a unique opportunity for talents to participate in a fast-moving environment to provide disruptive products and solutions that solve real commercial challenges. It is also a great opportunity to super charge your career and to amplify professional growth, business acumen, and cross industry experience.
If you’re an experienced leader, manages operations in the Fintech industry, loves to get things done, collaborates with colleagues all over the world and is interested in joining a fast-growing global company that is trusted by the world’s top digital brands and truly cares for its customers, join us at Payoneer!
With over 2000 employees globally, fast processing and delivery of payments is at the heart of our success. Our customers rely on us to make fast and cost effective worldwide international payments. The Payoneer team is dedicated to overcoming the complexities associated with cross-border commerce. We believe in being hi-tech hi-touch, developing the most cutting-edge solutions while remaining friendly and approachable.
We’re looking for a highly talented commercial lawyer to be part of our great global legal team. The Legal Counsel, Mainland China, is a generalist that provides legal support in a variety of cross-organizational matters, including corporate matters, employment and banking relationships. The position is based in Shanghai and will report to Payoneer’s Associate General Counsel based in Israel.
What’s the Job?
The successful candidate in this newly created position will be responsible for providing legal advice to Payoneer’s various stakeholders in Mainland China with a particular focus on corporate, employment and commercial matters. The primary responsibilities are:
- Acting as a trusted advisor to local management, business, finance and HR teams in Mainland China, as well as other cross-functional stakeholders globally.
- Provide legal support in relation to various corporate matters, including company secretarial support, corporate governance, policies and employment related matters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of corporate and commercial documents and agreements, including professional services agreements, consulting agreements, partnership agreements, policies and engagements with financial institutions.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on legal matters, and collaborate with HR, business, operations, finance, treasury, tech and other teams within Payoneer to achieve execution.
- Stay up to date with applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact Payoneer and share such learnings with relevant stakeholders.
- Support the continuous creation and improvement of standard form agreements and templates.
Have you accomplished this kind of qualification?
- Fully qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials (qualified in China) and with at least 5 years of post-admission experience practicing as an attorney at a reputable law firm or relevant in-house legal department.
- Strong commercial orientation and outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Collaborative team player experienced at working with cross-functional teams across multiple jurisdictions and with flexibility to align with colleagues in different time zones.
- Excellent English professional language skills, strong communication skills and ability to explain complex legal concepts and requirements to various stakeholders.
- Ability to proactively identify relevant business and legal issues, evaluate the risks and suggest creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and to take ownership of projects and tasks.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations, including China PIPL – an advantage.
- Experience in the financial services industry/payments industry – an advantage.