Data Engineer Team Lead
A universe of opportunities. Open to you.
Payoneer’s mission is to empower anyone, anywhere to participate and succeed in the global economy. If our mission connects with your values, if you revel in solving complex challenges, and if you want to continuously advance your career, come realize your potential at Payoneer!
Life at Payoneer is a global community, where you’ll work with colleagues all over the world, in a hybrid or remote work frame. As an equal opportunity employer, the only things that matter to us are your skills, your drive and your desire to have a positive impact on others.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineering Team Leader to join our amazing Data department and work in a complex and challenging data environment, developing new pipelines and exciting features.
You will lead a team of data engineers developing advanced ETL/ELT processes with high-scale, real-time, streaming applications. You will be working with technologies consisting of Big Query, DBT, Python, Kafka, Kubernetes, AirFlow and many more in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
What’s the job?
- Managing a team of 4-6 talented data engineers who deliver scalable, reliable, and reusable data solutions.
- Leading end to end development of data models, from gathering the data sources, develop ETL or stream processes to front end data model solutions for users, helping our clients to make smarter decisions.
- Designing and modeling data warehouses on platforms such as MS SQL, Big Query and other high-performance platforms.
- Design and implement data pipelines for multiple data sources.
- Re-design infrastructure for greater scalability and lower latency.
- Monitor & Maintain production streaming and batch applications.
- Taking full ownership of designing, building, testing and deployment of data products.
Is this you?
The Payoneers are:
Accountable | Adaptable | Collaborative | Communicative | Fast Learners | Independent | Motivated | Problem Solvers | Resilient | Technically Proficient
Have you done this kind of stuff?
- Relevant Bachelor degree – preferably CS, Engineering/ Information Systems.
- Proficiency with Python, SQL, Java or Scala.
- 1-2 years of managerial experience in leading data development teams
- Experience in data streaming tools and processes (Kafka, AirFlow, ELK, Spark etc.)
- Experience creating and optimizing big data processes, pipelines and architectures on cloud native environments
- 3 or more years of experience in SQL and ETL tools like SSIS\ Informatica
- Experience with big data solutions like SnowFlake, Redshift, Redis, Aerospike, Impala, Presto, Big Query, Hive, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience in data modeling, BI solutions development (DWH, ETL) and SW development practices – Agile, CI/CD, TDD.
- Ability to work independently and learn new technologies
- Provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment while providing solutions for complex business requirements
Not a must but a great advantage
- Experience in real time analytics
- Experience with GCP and BigQuery
- Experience with building automated validation processes to ensure data integrity
Who we are:
Payoneer (NASDAQ: PAYO) is the world’s go-to partner for digital commerce, everywhere. From borderless payments to boundless growth, Payoneer promises any business, in any market, the technology, connections and confidence to participate and flourish in the new global economy. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands