Director of Strategic Planning and Programs (Chief of Staff)
Director of Strategic Planning and Programs (Chief of Staff)
Location: NYC / Hybrid
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from 200 countries and territories. Leveraging its robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions, merchant services and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading digital brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure. Founded in 2005, Payoneer is profitable and has a team based all around the world.
Life at Payoneer is a global community, where you’ll work with colleagues all over the world, serving small- and medium-sized business customers and partners in over 190 markets. As an equal opportunity employer, the only things that matter to us are your skills, your drive, and your desire to have a positive impact on others.
Summary of Role We are seeking a creative, resourceful, strategic, analytical, and pragmatic Director of Strategic Planning and Programs to create and implement the strategic roadmap for a customer-centric, high-performing, data- and metric-driven global marketing organization. The Director would also serve as the de facto Chief of Staff for our global marketing organization consisting of a Center of Excellence and six regional marketing teams, reporting to the SVP of Global Marketing.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, analytical, communicative and fearless doer who thrives in ambiguity and complexity, creating solutions, paving paths, and leading change.
What you’ll do:
- Strategy and implementation. Work closely with the Global Marketing leadership team to set the vision for the marketing organization, define and implement priorities, drive high-priority programs and projects, and ensure organizational success.
- Planning and reporting. Shape and lead the timely delivery of annual/quarterly planning sessions and framework, and MBRs/QBRs to ensure global alignment and readiness for sharing performance with the wider organization. Oversee deliverables related to post-meeting action items to ensure all follow-up items are addressed appropriately. Manage the Global Marketing leadership team to OKRs/KPIs and company-wide priorities.
- Innovation and operational excellence. Analyze and identify opportunities for innovation across the organization, including the effectiveness of internal processes, efficiency, collaboration and ways of working, and framework for localization.
- Stakeholder alignment. Function as a liaison between the SVP Marketing, Global Marketing, and other stakeholders (e.g., Office of the CEO, Finance, Product, Operations, Legal and other executives). Spearhead All Hands, Leadership meetings, offsites and workshops to foster effective collaboration and communication between the global and central marketing functions and other departments within the company to ensure successful execution of strategic objectives.
- Localization. Shape and lead the localization strategy and process within Payoneer to ensure that our communications are relevant to the local markets (linguistically, culturally, and meet regulatory requirements). This includes, but is not limited to: strategy development, project management, resource and vendor management, technology deployment, and inter-team and inter-regional collaboration.
- Knowledge management. Develop, implement and manage a knowledge sharing strategy, including and not limited to a global marketing calendar, employee onboarding and training, a centralized knowledge and marketing asset (customer story, glossary, etc.) repository, to ensure effective and efficient knowledge sharing and application.
- Lead a team. Support their individual development, strengthen the Marketing organization to be global-minded, strategic, collaborative, data-driven, and consistent.
Who you are:
- 7-10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in business process knowledge, broad-based Marketing, and solving strategic challenges.
- Outstanding cross-group organizational skills and agility with demonstrated success in building strategic partnerships with all levels within the company.
- Great leadership skills and managerial experience
- Global acumen and experience working across borders, time zones and cultures.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and change management situations.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey objectives and guide teams to successful outcomes in written, presentation and spoken formats.
- Thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel, handling several projects at a time, at various stages of progress.
- Ability to manage aggressive and competing priorities to achieve successful execution
- Superior project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Insights and data driven with the ability to link business results to strategy.
- Capability to work as a team player and be hands-on to deliver effectively and efficiently
Not a must but a great advantage:
- Small Business understanding and experiences
- Experience working in a global, matrix organization
- Good understanding of the fintech/ payments/ SaaS industry
What we offer:
- Outstanding medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Volunteer activities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $150,000 - $200,000