Manager, Merchant Risk Monitoring
A universe of opportunities. Open to you.
Payoneer’s mission is to empower anyone, anywhere to participate and succeed in the global economy. If our mission connects with your values, if you revel in solving complex challenges, and if you want to continuously advance your career, come realize your potential at Payoneer!
Life at Payoneer is a global community, where you’ll work with colleagues all over the world, in a hybrid or remote work frame. As an equal opportunity employer, the only things that matter to us are your skills, your drive and your desire to have a positive impact on others.
Manager, Merchant Risk Monitoring:
As the Manager, Merchant Risk Monitoring at Payoneer, you will play a crucial role in conducting comprehensive risk assessments of merchants post onboarding. This includes utilizing workflows such as case analysis, outreaching merchants for additional information/documents and interacting with GTM teams. Primary focus is on adopting a balanced approach to assess both risk and overall merchant experience while meticulously documenting emerging trends and potential risks. Working collaboratively within a team, you will act as a credible partner, making informed decisions, and providing guidance to team and other internal stakeholders. You will also contribute towards understanding merchant risk nuances and trends, offering feedback to policy makers, and actively involved in the enhancement of processes and policies. This position will report directly to the Head of Risk, fostering close collaboration within the checkout risk management hierarchy. The role will be based in Shanghai.
- Assess credit risk by defining risk exposure calculation methodologies for merchants post onboarding.
- Utilize business credit reports, financial documents, and investigative research tools to conduct in-depth risk assessments.
- Assist in developing and implementing processes for ongoing monitoring of credit, fraud and dispute/chargeback trends.
- Collaborate with merchants to help them manage best practices around chargeback management as well as advising them on risk performance improvement plans.
- Provide recommendations to enhance current merchant risk-related policies and processes for improved operational effectiveness.
- Document and refine of risk operational Standard Operating Procedures and training materials, conducting regular training and sharing sessions withing the team.
- Manage the daily merchant risk alerts, analyze cases and review decision accuracy within SLA.
- Effectively manage and build a team of motivated and skilled risk analyst.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in merchant risk management, with expertise in credit risk, fraud, Transaction/Chargeback processing.
- Strong analytical mindset with data gathering skills.
- In-depth understanding of credit risk evaluation, business models and portfolio risk performance.
- Strong project management skills around enhancing processes and policies.
- Capability to work independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in portfolio management and risk reporting.
- Proven experience in effectively managing and leading a team of risk analysts.
- Strong prioritization and execution skills
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Willingness to travel within China and International.