B2B Compliance Manager
B2B Compliance Manager, New York/Hybrid
Build Your Career | Love your Work | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables businesses of all sizes from anywhere in the world to access new economic opportunities by enabling them to transact globally as easily as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital payments platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from over 200 countries and territories. Leveraging robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure.
We are looking for a proactive and dynamic B2B Compliance Manager to join our B2B Compliance & Emerging Risk team. The successful candidate will be instrumental in numerous decision-making processes while ensuring that our Compliance Program and Operational Teams are adhering to AML/KYC/CTF laws and regulations and industry best practices. This role demands not only analyzing data to identify potential risks but also taking initiative in driving projects, utilizing effective communication while pushing for innovation and change. The ideal candidate will bring impressive industry expertise and “outside-the-box" thinking to implement change within the department and the way we look at compliance, business growth, and risk throughout the company. This is a unique opportunity which comes with senior leadership spotlight and a chance to have direct impact on Payoneer’s business.
This role will be based in our New York, NY office on a 2+ day hybrid reporting basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Stay abreast of international, regional, and local AML/KYC regulations impacting cross-border payments, specifically in the B2B space.
- Assess the impact of regulatory changes, customer behavior, and business development on company’s KYC and Payment Review operations and develop strategies that ensure compliance.
- Advise the business, including Product, Marketing, GTM, and Sales on implementation of best risk and compliance practices while promoting overall growth.
- Conduct assessments and discoveries of existing and proposed business practices, policies, products to identify areas for improvement.
- Evaluate potential risks associated with B2B transactions and AML/KYC processes.
- Challenge existing legacy operational processes to enhance their effectiveness.
- Wear multiple hats! Take on new and exciting ad-hoc projects to strengthen the compliance program.
Reporting & Documentation
- Prepare regular reports for senior management detailing the Department’s B2B compliance status, potential risks, and corrective actions taken.
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date documentation of B2B compliance procedures, on-going efforts and upcoming initiatives.
- Provide insights to other stakeholders based on the analysis of data.
- Develop, update, implement compliance policies and procedures tailored to B2B cross-border payments landscape in existing and emerging markets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other relevant department heads to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Assist the Head of B2B Compliance by driving new initiatives as they arise and be responsible for constant flow of project progress, including process and policy research, requesting data pulls and performing synthesis, creating actionable next steps, and driving the projects to completion.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of the B2B compliance program and recommend and lead improvement initiatives that reduce costs, enhance CX, while controlling our risk exposure.
- Collaborate with data, strategy, business, and product to integrate compliance considerations and enhancements into technological solutions, ensuring that systems support B2B compliance and enhance customer experience.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g., Economics, Risk Management, Finance, Strategy, Accounting etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related field
- CAMS Certification
- Preference for experience related to risk and compliance within a technology-driven or financial services industry.
- Previous experience working at a high-growth startup/FinTech highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of AML/KYC rules and regulations and industry best-practices.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Adaptable to constant changes and demands within the team and organization.
- Dynamic spirit, not afraid to “roll up sleeves” and face unique challenges.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic global environment.
- Proven ability to take the lead and initiate collaboration in a team, demonstrating a collaborative mindset and effective cross-functional teamwork.
What we offer:
- Outstanding medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness reimbursement and office yoga
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Volunteer activities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
Payoneer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Payoneer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are interested in applying for employment with Payoneer and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please email RecruitmentUS@payoneer.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $100,000 - $150,000