Principal Officer (MLRO/Compliance)
A universe of opportunities. Open to you.
Payoneer’s mission is to empower anyone, anywhere to participate and succeed in the global economy. If our mission connects with your values, if you revel in solving complex challenges, and if you want to continuously advance your career, come realize your potential at Payoneer!
Life at Payoneer is a global community, where you’ll work with colleagues all over the world, in a hybrid or remote work frame. As an equal opportunity employer, the only things that matter to us are your skills, your drive and your desire to have a positive impact on others.
We are looking for a Principal Officer (MLRO/Compliance) to join our extremely fast-growing global Fintech business. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and high energy environment.
What you’ll be spending your time on:
- Possess an awareness of regulatory India AML/CTF/sanction compliance environments as well as an interest to self-educate on new topics and changing requirements.
- Partner with AML Investigators in order to understand their workflow and to utilize their feedback, where appropriate, to strengthen the quality of AML and EDD Analytics work product.
- Partner with Business Line (BL) contacts to fully-understand Payoneer product offerings, embedded BL compliance functions, and where the AML and EDD Analytics team can provide value in terms of risk coverage and mitigation.
- Lead the development and improvement of new reporting functionality and transaction monitoring channels for AML and KYC EDD support purposes.
- Create professional program/reporting documentation in support of AML Monitoring, EDD and Sanctions
- Work with technology, product, operations, and senior AML management to drive the Financial Crimes Compliance.
- Professional presentation skills for audiences including but not limited to senior leadership, regulatory and business partners.
- Manage escalations from Operations teams relating to KYC, onboarding and Risk Investigations
- Be appointed as the Principal Officer of the Payoneer India entity, and ensure compliance with the relevant India regulations relating to AML/CTF/sanction compliance and report/liaise with India regulatory bodies as necessary, including the following:
- AML/KYC/CFT Compliance: overseeing and ensuring overall compliance with regulatory guidelines on KYC/AML/CFT issued from time to time and obligations under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002, rules and regulations made thereunder.
- Risk Profiling: Risk profiling and reporting suspicious transactions to the FIU-IND.
- Reporting to the FIU-IND: Submitting Suspicious Transaction Report (“STR”) and Cash Transaction Report (“CTR”) to the FIU-IND.
- Conducting Due Diligence: In coordination with other relevant teams, conducting due diligence to identify and report suspicious transactions.
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to analysts
- Research and conduct analytics
- Manage production and quality results
- Lead an Enhanced Due Diligence function
- Lead change; resolve conflict
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree with relevant work experience (e.g. appointment as the Principal Officer of other payment companies)
- 5+ years of financial experience in the compliance, AML/CTF or Sanctions Screening disciplines
- CAMS certification or equivalent is preferred
- Has a comprehensive understanding of AML/CTF/sanction controls
- Experience in building and leading a team with a proven record of results
- Strong investigative and research skills
- Strong professional presence to support regular interactions with senior management
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and communication (including presentations) skills
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in dealing with India based regulatory bodies
Is this you?
The Payoneers are:
Accountable | Adaptable | Collaborative | Communicative | Fast Learners | Independent | Motivated | Problem Solvers | Resilient | Technically Proficient