Vice President of Design
A universe of opportunities. Open to you.
Payoneer’s mission is to empower anyone, anywhere to participate and succeed in the global economy. If our mission connects with your values, if you revel in solving complex challenges, and if you want to continuously advance your career, come realize your potential at Payoneer!
Life at Payoneer is a global community, where you’ll work with colleagues all over the world, in a hybrid or remote work frame. As an equal opportunity employer, the only things that matter to us are your skills, your drive, and your desire to have a positive impact on others.
Is this you?
The Payoneers are:
Accountable | Adaptable | Collaborative | Communicative | Fast Learners | Independent | Motivated | Problem Solvers | Resilient | Technically Proficient
What you’ll be spending your time on:
We are seeking a visionary Vice President of Design to lead our global design team. The VP will play a pivotal role in shaping the end-to-end experience of our payment products and services, ensuring they are intuitive, innovative, delightful, and aligned with our customers’ needs. The VP will elevate the discipline of Design within Payoneer to become a true pillar of the organization, significantly scaling the team while raising the quality bar of Payoneer’s customer facing experiences.
- Leadership & Strategy: Lead the product design team, setting a vision for the user experience across Payoneer’s products. Develop and implement a cohesive design strategy in line with business goals.
- Customer-Centric Design: Champion a customer-centered design approach, ensuring that customer needs are at the forefront of all product design decisions.
- Design Systems: Oversee the creation and governance of design systems and guidelines to ensure scalable and consistent design solutions across a growing portfolio of products.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, R&D, Marketing, Operations, Finance and Go to Market teams, leading the creation seamless and effective design solutions, while deeply understanding stakeholder needs and incorporating feedback into design processes.
- Innovation: Drive innovation in design practices and methodologies, staying ahead of emerging trends in fintech, digital payments and the broader landscape of leading mobile and web experiences and solutions for SMBs.
- Talent Management: Recruit, mentor, and develop a high-performing design team. Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, and continuous learning. Raise the bar within the team, driving a high standard of quality through creative direction and critique.
- Design Excellence: Ensure the delivery of high-quality designs from concept to execution, including UX/UI, prototyping, user testing, content and final implementation.
- Design Advocacy: Promote the value of design throughout the organization, ensuring its influence on product development and company strategy.
Have you done this kind of stuff?
- 15+ years of experience in product design, with a proven track record in leadership roles.
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions in fintech or related fields.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles, UX/UI trends, and technology.
- Expertise in Interaction Design, and strength in Visual/UI Design and Information Architecture.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills. Prior work involves leading design teams (including Designers, UX Researchers, and Content Writers) and cross-functional collaboration with senior executives, Product and Engineering leaders.
- Proven track record of influencing key stakeholders, from other designers to senior executive management.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in in relevant design discipline (e.g., Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Design) or a related field.
Not a must but a great advantage:
- Strong commitment to advocating for and implementing Accessibility Guidelines and embracing Inclusive Design practices.
- Proficiency in complementary areas such as User Research, UX Writing, Prototyping, and Service Design, contributing to a holistic design approach.
- Demonstrated track record in successfully navigating rapid, iterative design and development processes, ensuring adaptability and responsiveness.
- Extensive experience tackling large-scale, complex, and ambiguous projects across multifunctional teams, showcasing an ability to thrive in challenging environments.
- Skill in illustrating how technical constraints and opportunities play a pivotal role in shaping design solutions, ensuring a harmonious balance between creativity and feasibility.
- Track record of effectively managing managers, showcasing leadership capabilities in guiding and developing teams of design professionals.
Who we are:
Payoneer (NASDAQ: PAYO) is the world’s go-to partner for digital commerce, everywhere. From borderless payments to boundless growth, Payoneer promises any business, in any market, the technology, connections and confidence to participate and flourish in the new global economy. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands, Payoneer offers a universe of opportunities, open to you.