Security Operations Engineer
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023
PayZen is on a mission to bring financial health to healthcare. Our products improve both access and affordability for patients and cash flow & administrative complexity for medical providers. We are trusted by a rapidly growing number of health systems, hospitals, and physician groups and are backed by leading venture capital investors.
About the Role
We're looking for a Security Operations (SecOps) Engineer to help enhance the security and efficiency of our software solutions. In this role, you'll work closely with the development and implementation teams, supporting key accounts and ensuring our services are secure and compliant with industry standards.
What will you do
- Manage security protocols across all platforms to prevent unauthorized access.
- Analyze and respond to security threats in real-time.
- Work with Engineering and Data Leadership to improve security strategies.
- Lead and participate in large-scale technical projects focused on security enhancement.
- Identify and address security loopholes proactively.
- Respond to security incidents quickly, analyze them, and prepare incident reports.
- Ensure security is integrated during the development phase.
- Assist in compliance audits for SOC 2 and HIPAA.
- Explore and implement advanced security tools and frameworks.
- Promote security awareness within the team.
What you bring
- 3-4 years of experience with cloud platforms like AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Familiarity with SOC 2 and HIPAA compliance.
- Proficient with SIEM, Log Aggregations, and Security Monitoring Tools such as Wiz.io.
- Experience with security frameworks and tools such as Terraform.
- Solid understanding of Web Servers, Networking, Load Balancers, Nginx, etc.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Bash or Python.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Splunk and NewRelic.
- Experience in developing server-side applications (NodeJS).
- Experience with ArgoCD.
What we offer
- An opportunity to positively affect the lives of thousands of patients
- A flexible lifestyle that fits the modern work-life balance
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- Highly skilled co-workers with whom you can grow your skillset
- Be a part of a team that revolutionizes medical payments in ways never seen before
- The ability to impact company values and culture in a collaborative environment - we value all comments and suggestions
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options