Platform Accounting & Operations Manager
Accounting & Finance, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
PayZen is on a mission to bring financial health to healthcare. Our products improve both access and affordability for patients and cash flow & administrative complexity for medical providers. We are trusted by a rapidly growing number of health systems, hospitals, and physician groups and are backed by leading venture capital investors.
About this Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Manager of Platform Accounting & Operations to join PayZen. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing our financial operations, performing data analysis, assisting in capital markets lending, and building automated processes for scale. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, a deep understanding of financial processes, and the ability to drive operational efficiency through technology.
- Utilize advanced data analysis techniques to assess asset portfolio performance triggers, identify trends, and generate actionable insights for decision-making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement efficient operational accounting processes, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Drive the development and implementation of automation solutions, leveraging technology tools to streamline financial operations and increase efficiency.
- Oversee the financial reconciliation process, ensuring accuracy and compliance with US GAAP.
- Prepare detailed and comprehensive financial reports to facilitate draw requests from our warehouse facility while adhering to financial covenants.
- Collaborate with the finance team to support budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning initiatives.
- Support the month end close process; accruals, amortization schedules, GL account reconciliations, flux commentary
- Support annual external audits by providing requested supports and documentation
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. Big 4 and CPA designation and CECL experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization tools such as Excel, SQL, or Tableau.
- Experience in implementing process improvements and automation solutions, preferably within a finance or technology environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with complex data sets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across different teams and levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to positively affect the lives of thousands of patients
- A flexible lifestyle that fits the modern work-life balance
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- Highly skilled co-workers with whom you can grow your skillset
- Be a part of a team that revolutionizes medical payments in ways never seen before
- The ability to impact company values and culture in a collaborative environment - we value all comments and suggestions
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options