Senior DevOps Engineer
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
PayZen is on a mission to bring financial health to healthcare. Our products improve both access and affordability for patients and cash flow & administrative complexity for medical providers. We are trusted by a rapidly growing number of health systems, hospitals, and physician groups and are backed by leading venture capital investors.
PayZen is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to support and scale its FinTech software solutions. You'll ensure that PayZen's services run effectively and scale efficiently. You'll work closely with the development and implementation teams, supporting our top accounts. You'll help explore new technologies and build tools to help us move faster while preserving high quality and system uptime. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, it is hard to overstate the impact you’ll have on our product and company trajectory.
What you will do
- Troubleshoot business and production issues
- Become our Alerting and Monitoring Expert
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Managers.
- Develop innovative strategies, processes, and failover experience
- Lead and participate in medium-to large-scale, complex, cross-functional technical projects
- Act quickly to analyze the available data and find the root cause of the problem when issues with the product arise
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and Production Support status reporting
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
- Application Performance tuning
- Lead the technical solutions with a strong understanding of the latest and greatest technologies like Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, and more
- Design, develop, and manage large-scale systems, with CI/CD in mind, to support multiple Production environments and use cases
- Tackle large-scale production issues and bring OOB thinking to the table
- Designing and implementing Continuous integration, delivery, and deployment pipelines for a range of projects and environments including Serverless, Dockers, Database, Front End, iOS and Android
- Continuously improve the process through automation and creation of tools
- Reduced deployment time to any of our environments
What you bring
- 4+ years of relevant DevOps experience in large-scale production environments
- 2+ years of infrastructure automation, configuration management, or container orchestration
- Strong abilities to lead, design and execute cross organization projects
- Experience in managing container and infrastructure orchestration tools (e.g Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Hands-on experience administering public clouds and particularly AWS
- 3+ years in Python or any other advanced programming language
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines for applications and microservices
- Experience in developing server side applications (NodeJS).
- Good understanding of Web Servers, Load Balancers, Caching Systems, Relational Databases, Networking, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Experience in provisioning and operating of relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Emphasis on security, with experience or understanding of SOC2 and HIPAA compliance.
- Familiarity or interest in exploring services on GCP and Microsoft Azure.
What we offer
- An opportunity to positively affect the lives of thousands of patients
- A flexible lifestyle that fits the modern work-life balance
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- Highly skilled co-workers with whom you can grow your skill set
- Be a part of a team that revolutionizes medical payments in ways never seen before
- The ability to impact company values and culture in a collaborative environment - we value all comments and suggestions
- Competitive pay and stock options