Backend Team Manager
Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions powers the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas. We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more. In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
You will report to R&D Director.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
You will be working on Similarweb's B2B platform that serves tens of thousands of customers, serving hundreds of terabytes in production, while leading our backend engineers that are responsible for the entire data lifecycle - from our endless data lakes, through choosing the right serving methods and databases, all the way to our api services.
You will impact the work of these engineers by guiding on best practices, challenging their designs, developing their professional skills and managing them. You will facilitate the tools and understand the needs of your people to bring the best of them.
We are looking for a Backend Team Manager
The Team Manager position is a managerial position with both people management and technical leadership responsibilities. In this role, you will have the place for being HO and writing code for production . However, you have the freedom to choose when and what tasks you work on.
So, what will you be doing all day?
- One on ones with your team members to help guide their personal and professional growth
- You will take part in technical design sessions and drive your team towards technical excellence
- You will take part in code reviews and guide team members to write better, more robust, and reliable code through constant feedback
- You will evaluate solutions and work on PoCs to help your team through their toughest challenges
- You will be the driving force for technical initiatives within your team as well as the advocate for cross-team initiatives
This is the perfect job for someone who has:
- At least 4 years of backend/fullstack software development experience - must
- hands-on experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including C# and Nodejs
- A people manager with 2 years experience in leading fullstack/frontend teams
- Extensive knowledge of .NET framework - big advantage
- A technical leader with the ability to guide others to technical excellence
- Experience with a contemporary server-side technology - an advantage
- Comfortable taking on challenges and learning new technologies
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.