Backend Engineer (Experienced)
Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions are used by companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a Server Data Developer to develop and integrate systems that retrieve, process and analyze data from around the web, in order to ensure its successful delivery to our customers.
This role will report to Team manager- R&D.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Similarweb is a data-focused company, and data is the heart of our business. As a data server developer, you will work at the company's very core, designing and implementing complex high-scale systems to retrieve and analyze data from millions of web users.
Our backend engineers are responsible for the entire data lifecycle - from our endless data lakes, through choosing the right serving methods and databases, all the way to our API services.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the Server Data Developer team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- You will be a server side developer, who is passionate about learning new technologies, handling a multitude of systems, and can fit in a small team of independent developers
- Develop and integrate systems that handles more than 50k events per seconds and serve varieties of clients both mobile and desktop
- Write complex spark applications that make data accessible to different stakeholder in the company in high quality and under strict SLA
- Take a major part in designing and implementing complex high scale systems using large variety of technologies
- Design, code and integrate huge scale systems
- Implement solutions in AWS cloud environment
- Constantly learn new technologies and methods and enrich other team members
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- Experience writing and designing Object Oriented code with one or more of the OO programming languages, including but not limited to: C#, Java, Python, etc.
- Holds a BSc degree in Computer Science, a related technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Has at least 5 years of server-side software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages or a Data platform engineer experience.
- Experience building large scale web applications : advantage for working with Microservices architecture, AWS and databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies: A familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Databricks and Airflow is a big advantage.
- Is comfortable taking on challenges and learning new technologies, including new coding languages.
- Can effectively prioritize tasks and work independently
- Conveys a strong sense of ownership over the products of the team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.