Information Security Engineer
Similarweb (SMWB) is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 4,500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We are looking for an Experienced Information Security Engineer to join us in our Givatayim, Israel location.
In your role as an Information Security Engineer, you will work closely with our Chief Information Security Officer as part of a unique security team at Similarweb, responsible for supporting critical business requirements and security programs while using cutting-edge technologies.
The successful candidate will collaborate with several professional teams in the R&D and other IT professionals to ensure that our application, product, services, and data are protected with the appropriate security controls.
The candidate should have a solid multi-tasker ability with a proven knowledge of security risks, solutions, and technologies.
- Implement and maintain a secure configuration and cloud monitoring tools.
- Implement and maintain security systems configuration, policies, and hardening guidelines.
- Ensure systems are patched, updated, and audited according to Similarweb Policy.
- Administer and automate information security-related infrastructure, endpoints, applications, cloud, and network security systems.
- Work closely with technical teams to create, implement, and maintain secure processes, including vulnerability tracking, remediation activities, secure requirements, and secure design, to ensure good security practices are being implemented and executed.
- Implement and manage new security solutions as needed.
- Handle security tickets as part of security operations on ongoing service and support.
- Create and maintain documentation (e.g., technical or procedural) as needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- At least +4 years of working experience in the information security field or a related discipline - highly desirable.
- Experience working with cloud security best practices (AWS, GCP, Azure, hybrid environment).
- Experience working with security processes, integrations, and solutions such as FW, NAC, EDR, Proxy, CASB, SSO, MFA, VPN, DLP, WAF, logs collector etc.
- Experience working with the R&D teams on protocols and standards from an information security aspect, e.g., security architecture and data flows, authentication and authorization methods (SSO, SAML, OAuth, etc.)
- Experience in hardening endpoints (MacOS, Windows, Linux) and virtualization systems, with a technical understanding of operating systems.
- Experience working with security policies and standards such as ISO, SOX, SOC 2, etc.
- Programming experience - Python, Bash, and PowerShell - advantage
- Self-sufficient and fully accountable for the activities under his/her responsibility.
- A team player with attention to detail and ability to work well with others.
- Fluent in English - speak, read, and write.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
- You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
- You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
- We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
- You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
- Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.