Account Manager, SMB Accounts
Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 4000 global customers. Our wide range of solutions are used by companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world, by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
We’re looking for a dynamic and results-driven SMB Account Manager to help us retain and expand our relationships with existing customers of our Market Intelligence solution. This role will report to the Team Manager of Account Management.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Our Market Intelligence solution is used by thousands of companies, of every size and from every industry, to give them a competitive advantage in driving online traffic.
As an Account Manager on our Inside Sales team, you will own the relationship with our small to medium-business customers, and work with them to make sure they are getting the most value out of our platform and data. Your success in the role will be comprised of both retention and upsell/business growth components
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the Inside Sales team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Managing and developing long-term partnerships with customers of our Market Intelligence solution
- Working closely with a customer to increase user engagement and facilitate product adoption, both key components of driving retention.
- Proactively manage the renewal process to secure timely renewals and minimize churn.
- Implement strategies to increase retention and reduce attrition rates.
- Identifying opportunities for account expansion and revenue growth within your assigned customer base. Proactively presenting upsell and cross-sell opportunities to drive increased product adoption and usage.
- Develop strategies from Similarweb data to help your customers reach their business goals and KPIs
- Sourcing, outbounding, and landing new contacts within a client’s organization to both find new users and level up your relationships.
This is the perfect job for someone with:
- Minimum 2 years experience in commercially focused account management, customer success, or sales, customer-facing roles
- Track record of working in a role with a quota and proven success towards achieving that quota
- Ability to identify value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport, influence, and negotiate with customers.
- Ability to identify opportunities, problem-solve, and provide effective solutions to meet customer needs.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and retention.
- Analytical skills to track customer metrics and derive actionable insights.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Team player who can collaborate effectively with colleagues and business partners
- It would be a plus to have:
- Experience working within SaaS
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing space and trends
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face-to-face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
The base salary range for this position in New York City is $46,740 to $98,285 + benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, potential equity, employee stock purchase plan and paid sick and parental leave.
In addition, this position is eligible to participate in the company’s sales incentive plan, with a maximum target OTE of up to $140,388, depending upon the final terms of employment and achievement of established targets.
About the Account Managers, Inside Sales team
Our SMB Account Managers get to work with a multitude of clients - from large recognizable brands, to clients early on in their life cycle. You’ll have the unique opportunity to become a trusted advisor to these companies, and help them implement strategies that drive impact on their business. As an individual contributor, you will be part of a collaborative, high-energy team of talented professionals.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll get to sell a product you actually believe in: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful market intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Professional Growth Career Week, personalized coaching, participating in our mentorship program, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.