Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 4000 global customers. Our wide range of solutions powers the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas. We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more. In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a VP of Finance to manage all of Similarweb's global finance operations. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
As a VP Finance, here's what you'll be doing all day:
- Oversight of all accounting, financial reporting, treasury, equity, incentive compensation, tax, internal controls & finance operations functions across the company and its subsidiaries
- Management of a team of approximately 20 people
- Providing strategic guidance around treasury and financial management options to support company growth and day-to-day needs
- Lead the process of period-close process (monthly, quarterly, and annually) under the US GAAP, including preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and reporting to the SEC and public investors
- Managing all global tax planning, model and making sure of the company’s compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes
- Oversee the Finance Operations including gaining efficiencies in Accounting, AP & Payroll processes
- Manage controls over the financial reporting process under SOX regulations, including process design and management of ongoing execution
- Lead finance-related requirements in cross-company automation projects and process improvement
- Participate in creating finance strategies to ensure the Company’s financial health
- Create internal finance infrastructure to enable company’s business growth
- Support company’s investors and capital markets relationships
- Serve as main point of contact for banks, financial partners, institutions, authorities (ITA, IRS, VAT), public auditors and officials
This is the perfect job for someone who has:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience
- Proven experience as the VP of Finance or otherwise a leading finance professional in a global high growth company
- Significant managerial experience - A must
- Strong US GAAP knowledge - A must
- Experience in the SaaS industry - significant advantage
- Efficient and creative problem-solving skills - “Yes we can” approach - a Must
- Outstanding attention to detail with high level of analytical and professional skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, meet tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement. Seeks solutions in automation.
- Excellent English – both written and verbal
- Great communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.