At Similarweb, we're revolutionizing the way businesses interact with the digital world by revealing to them everything that happens online. Our cutting-edge platform and unique data empower over 4,300 customers globally, including industry giants like Google, eBay, and Adidas, to make game-changing decisions that drive their digital strategies.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We're expanding our global presence with a brand-new site in Prague - home to Europe’s top tech talent - and seeking exceptional pioneers to help build a new dynamic team. At Similarweb, you'll innovate fast, collaborate with brilliant minds, solve big problems, work with cutting-edge technologies and data at incredible scales, and make a tangible impact on the world's most innovative companies.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to create data models that help analyze the petabytes of data we receive from various sources, and research and develop new features and capabilities for our product solutions. This role will report to our Team Manager, R&D.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Similarweb is a data-focused company, and our unique AI and machine learning capabilities are the center of our business.
As a data scientist, you will work on the very core of the company. Part of your role will be to turn raw data into usable metrics, and develop new models and statistical algorithms to support our research teams. Together with other engineers and Product Managers, you will translate the voice of our customer into best-in-class digital insights.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the R&D team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- You will work in a data research team alongside other data engineers, data scientists and data analysts. Together you will tackle complex data challenges and bring new solutions and algorithms to production.
- Analyzing data from various sources, and turning it into usable input
- Initiating newly defined tasks from exploration to proof of concept
- Owning the finalization of defined tasks (from POC to production)
- Implementing the desired solution in production.
- Collaborating with data engineers to make sure we reach the desired production results
- Creating key metrics and developing new models and capabilities for our product solutions
- Owning the ongoing validation process for existing metrics
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- Passionate about data.
- Holds a M.Sc. in Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics/Engineering or any other relevant field - Required
- Has 2+ years of experience with statistical and machine learning tools - Python, R, etc.
- Has previous experience developing machine learning / image processing / NLP or similar algorithms
- Experience in developing production code
- Demonstrated experience utilizing probability theory and statistics
- Excellent communication skills (in English) with the ability to provide constant dialog between and within data teams.
- Familiarity with SQL
About the R&D team
As part of our R&D team at Similarweb, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging algorithmic problems with no play book solution, solve problems for real customers, and work alongside the best engineers and scientists in the industry.
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.