Full Stack Developer
At Similarweb, we're revolutionizing the way businesses interact with the digital world by revealing to them everything that happens online. Our cutting-edge platform and unique data empower over 4,300 customers globally, including industry giants like Google, eBay, and Adidas, to make game-changing decisions that drive their digital strategies.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We're expanding our global presence with a brand-new site in Prague - home to Europe’s top tech talent - and seeking exceptional pioneers to help build a new dynamic team. At Similarweb, you'll innovate fast, collaborate with brilliant minds, solve big problems, work with cutting-edge technologies and data at incredible scales, and make a tangible impact on the world's most innovative companies.
We’re looking for an Experienced Full Stack Developer to design, code and manage Similarweb’s large-scale and highly available services, using cutting edge technologies & design.
The position is within the Incubation team responsible for innovating and developing new Similarweb products, operating with the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamic atmosphere reminiscent of a startup within our organization.
This role will report to Team Manager, R&D.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
We are a company that is driven by innovation, which means that we are constantly building and developing new features and products to meet customers needs.
As a full stack developer, you will have the opportunity to work with the most cutting edge technologies, to solve complex challenges, and create high quality and scalable code. Your work will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction and our business objectives.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the R&D team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Design, develop, and maintain server-side logic using TypeScript frameworks.
- Building scaled-data pipelines, loading data into serving layers.
- Leading decision-making & design of APIs, mechanisms and abstractions
- Building new features and directly impact the future of our product from UI to DB
- Writing (a lot of) high-quality, functional code – backend and frontend
- Performing code reviews, evaluating implementations, and provide feedback
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 4 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience in TypeScript based backend frameworks such as:ExpressJS, NestJS, HapiJS, KoaJS.
- Design, build, and maintain automated deployment pipelines using [CI/CD tools Gitlab,Terraform, Docker, Kubernities] to ensure continuous integration and deployment of applications in the AWS environment.
- Experience server side development in a complex data-oriented environment- Advantage.
- Experience with data pipelines technologies - Advantage.
- Build new features and directly impact the future of our product from UI to DB
- Has previous experience with databases, data warehouses.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is comfortable taking on challenges and learning new technologies
- Is a team player who can also work independently.
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.