Experienced DevOps Engineer
At Similarweb, we're revolutionizing the way businesses interact with the digital world by revealing to them everything that happens online. Our cutting-edge platform and unique data empower over 4,300 customers globally, including industry giants like Google, eBay, and Adidas, to make game-changing decisions that drive their digital strategies.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We're expanding our global presence with a brand-new site in Prague - home to Europe’s top tech talent - and seeking exceptional pioneers to help build a new dynamic team. At Similarweb, you'll innovate fast, collaborate with brilliant minds, solve big problems, work with cutting-edge technologies and data at incredible scales, and make a tangible impact on the world's most innovative companies.
We are looking for a Production Engineer to join our Production Engineering team. Production Engineers are software engineers with a passion for exploring new technologies, building utilities and APIs to help us move faster while preserving high standards.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Production engineers are the backbone of SimilarWeb's operations, ensuring the smooth and efficient collection, processing, and delivery of accurate and up-to-date digital market intelligence to our clients. Their responsibilities span scalability, reliability, security, performance optimization, innovation, collaboration, cost efficiency, and compliance, all of which are critical components of a successful technology-driven business.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the R&D team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Creating frameworks and tools that will be used by 300+ engineers and have a direct impact on how SimilarWeb delivers software and data.
- Design, build and manage highly available, scalable and robust services.
- Manage thousands of servers and containers by automating infrastructure changes and deployments.
- Developing and maintaining our logging, monitoring and alerting stacks.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating production incidents as part of an on-call rotation alongside engineers from within all other R&D groups (and make sure we don't get the same alert twice)
- Act as a technical resource, providing guidance and hands-on support as needed.
What will I bring to the team?
This position requires an experienced engineer who shares our passion for technology, infrastructure and building amazing products while being an effective communicator and a people person.
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- 3+ years of experience in developing server side applications and tooling using Python/Ruby/Java/Node.js/Go.
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Ensure the availability, scalability, and security of production systems.
- Deep understanding of Linux: Troubleshooting, designing robust architecture and understanding the internals;
- Good understanding of Web Servers, Load Balancers, Caching Systems, Relational databases, networking, etc.
- Hands-on experience with containerization and orchestration tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes & Nomad).
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.