Team Manager, Data Science
At Similarweb, we're revolutionizing the way businesses interact with the digital world by revealing to them everything that happens online. Our cutting-edge platform and unique data empower over 4,300 customers globally, including industry giants like Google, eBay, and Adidas, to make game-changing decisions that drive their digital strategies.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We're expanding our global presence with a brand-new site in Prague - home to Europe’s top tech talent - and seeking exceptional pioneers to help build a new dynamic team. At Similarweb, you'll innovate fast, collaborate with brilliant minds, solve big problems, work with cutting-edge technologies and data at incredible scales, and make a tangible impact on the world's most innovative companies.
We are looking for a Data Science and Data engineering team manager
You will lead a team of data scientists, data analysts and data engineers in the Core Data group. The group utilizes a vast amount of digital data collected throughout the digital world and applies machine learning and statistical algorithms to generate the next generation of similarweb’s features and products. The team will be responsible for developing those features end-to-end from the very first data research stage until the production deployment. The team is a part of a growing and expanding domain presenting the opportunity to be part of an exciting journey of designing the face of this solution.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as a Data Science and Data engineering team manager means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Managing three different disciplines (Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts) and assigning them to different projects and deliveries.
- Managing your team’s projects to the highest quality and efficiency standards
- Analyzing product requirements and planning roadmaps in Collaboration with Product Managers and platform dev team.
- Take hands on projects - at least 50% of your time
- Work in thinking groups, create innovative POCs, rethinking on new algorithmic approaches to solve the problem.
- Be the face of your team - communicating the team’s datasets and capabilities with other stakeholders in the company
- Helping your team members develop their skills and career path at Similarweb by constant mentoring and feedback.
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- 3 years of experience in developing machine learning and statistical algorithms - Must
- Actual hands-on programming experience using Python/Matlab/R
- 2 years of experience in leading data-science/research projects - Must
- Experience with Data & ML production pipelines
- MsC/PhD in Math/Physics/Computer Science or any related field
- Experience working with big data sets and big data systems (MapReduce/Spark/Hive) - Advantage
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Willing to travel occasionally a few days at a time (up to 3-4 times per year)
- Familiarity with the web/internet/online industry - Nice to Have
About the R&D team
As part of our R&D team at Similarweb, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging algorithmic problems with no playbook solution, solve problems for real customers, and work alongside the best engineers and scientists in the industry.
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.