Senior Frontend Engineer
At Similarweb, we're revolutionizing the way businesses interact with the digital world by revealing to them everything that happens online. Our cutting-edge platform and unique data empower over 4,300 customers globally, including industry giants like Google, eBay, and Adidas, to make game-changing decisions that drive their digital strategies.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We're expanding our global presence with a brand-new site in Prague - home to Europe’s top tech talent - and seeking exceptional pioneers to help build a new dynamic team. At Similarweb, you'll innovate fast, collaborate with brilliant minds, solve big problems, work with cutting-edge technologies and data at incredible scales, and make a tangible impact on the world's most innovative companies.
We are looking for an Experienced Frontend Engineer.
So, what will you be doing all day?
- Design, code, and manage large-scale, highly available applications using cutting-edge technologies (React, TypeScript, Docker, etc. over AWS).
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Determine feasibility by performing risk management and evaluating tradeoffs.
- Lead decision-making & design of APIs, mechanisms, and abstractions.
- Build new features and directly impact the future of our product.
- Write (a lot of) high-quality, functional code.
- Improve your skills, learn from and mentor top-notch engineers, and enrich other team members.
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback.
- Have lots of fun!
This is the perfect job for someone who has:
- Love for UI, high-quality code and constant learning
- 4+ years of previous engineering hands-on experience with web technologies
- Deep knowledge of React.js
- Experience with large-scale web production systems
- Comfortable taking challenges and learning new technologies
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is a team player who can also work independently
- Experience in NodeJS/.Net development - advantage
- Experience with databases - an advantage.
- Webpack/ESbuild, Monitoring tools - advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable taking on challenges and learning new technologies
- Team player, proactive, confident, “getting things done” mentality, independent, passionate and enthusiastic!
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.