Senior Data Product Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Data Product Manager to design, build, improve and leverage the data products that feed our multiple platform products, to scale and drive efficiency and growth.
This role will report to the Director of Product Management, Data.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
The Data Product Manager bridges between the Platform Product Manager, focusing on the application layer, and the data products built to fuel it.
The Data PM’s expertise in data, alongside their business acumen makes them the perfect product professional to identify and translate the business strategy into scalable data products that drive business value.
We are looking for a true data enthusiast, passionate about translating business requirements into data ones, building relationships as well as methodologies and processes, and taking ownership over complex data projects.
You will directly impact and steer the work of a team of engineers, data scientists and data analysts by guiding the collection, development and delivery of the data products they develop.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the Data Product Management team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Work with the Business, Strategy and Product leaders to unlock and understand both vision and direction - to then build a data roadmap that can support and boost it.
- Meet with and interview clients and Account Executives, to understand users needs and pains, and design data products that solve these best.
- Guide and steer the Data Team’s (Data Scientists and Data Engineers) work, projects, priorities and execution - to deliver datasets that drive high impact, and address business, product and client needs and opportunities.
- Lead the roadmap of the data supporting the different products and own the collection of needs, prioritization of opportunities and execution of the data deliverables.
- Act as the owner and manager of all data acquired, generated and processed by the Data Team, to exhaust and leverage it - by the according products.
- Define and solve the most challenging data collection, structuring, cleansing, modeling and serving challenges, to help Data, Product and Business teams make the best decisions on these.
- Break down high level business questions into concrete and actionable data analyses, architecture designs and data requirements - working hands on on each.
- Analyze and optimize data performance, coverage, diversity and quality processes
- Work with different stakeholders across multiple products to enhance data adoption, improve data utilization and address contradicting and complementary needs that would impact how you build the company’s data products.
This role requires a mix of product sense ,project management, data acumen, technical sense, business logic, analytical skills and personal skills.
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- 2+ years of experience in data product management or leading data teams - must
- Experience in designing data collection or processing flows, working for companies that access big data, and utilize AI, ML and Data Science at scale.
- Experience working directly with Data Collection/Engineering/Science on the design and delivery of data.
- Experience in writing technical specifications, and managing hands on projects of realizing these up to a full release.
- A proven technical experience and expertise, and a structured, data-driven approach
- A passion for details, superb execution skills and a hands on approach - a must!
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals, including product, R&D, executives, business partners and customers
- A start-uo mindset, and a passion to build and rebuild organizations, processes, methodologies and projects from 0 to 1
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions have a large and immediate impact
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Experience with querying via SQL, Python and using BI tools - an advantage
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.
m. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM.