Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Shopper Solution !
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Similarweb is a data-focused company, and our unique AI and machine learning capabilities are the center of our business.
As a Data Scientist, you will work on the very core of the shopper solution. As part of a heterogeneous team of data scientists and engineers, you will build end-to-end data processes and algorithms turning rich raw signals into deliverable metrics on the e-commerce world. This role provides an opportunity to tackle a wide array of data sources using a rich toolbox of algorithms and big-data tools and technologies.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the R&D team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Develop statistical and machine learning algorithms on large scale data to estimate key sales and behavior metrics
- Own end-to-end data processes and pipelines (Reasrch and POC to production) while collaborating with data engineers to reach desired production results
- Work together with product, design and R&D teams to plan and build relevant data based features on the E-commerce environment
- Design and own ongoing validation and monitoring of on going processes
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- Passionate about data.
- Holds a B.Sc. in Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics or any other relevant field - Required
- Has 2+ years of experience with statistical and machine learning tools in a similar role - Python, R, etc.
- Has previous experience developing machine learning/NLP or similar algorithms
- Can easily prioritize tasks and work independently
- Conveys a strong sense of ownership over the products of the team
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Has excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- M.Sc. in Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics or any other relevant field - Strong advantage
- Familiarity with Spark - Advantage
- Familiarity with the E-commerce domain - Advantage
About the R&D team
As part of our R&D team at Similarweb, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging algorithmic problems with no play book solution, solve problems for real customers, and work alongside the best engineers and scientists in the industry.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber: You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.
Why choose Similarweb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At Similarweb, you’ll be surrounded by curious, witty and passionate people that are hungry to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 800 creative and talented professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: We believe in excellence as a mindset. It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team and working together to reach new heights.
Similarweb is the most trusted platform for understanding online behavior. Millions of people rely on Similarweb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM.
Bring your authentic self, DEI @ Similarweb
Similarweb is a global company that strives to create a workplace reflective of the communities we serve, where individuals are empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.