Senior Insights Analyst
Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas. We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more. In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a Senior Insights Analyst who is passionate about CPGs & eCommerce. This role will report to the Director, Market Insights.
As a leading digital intelligence provider that works with CPG brands globally to build and optimise their ecommerce strategies, we have a wealth of online data and are expanding our newly formed Insights team. The role will be to support the sales and marketing teams with actionable insights and compelling stories, generated through data analysis and research. You will create content that is provided for prospects, marketing campaigns, PR and events. This will be an experienced research or insights analyst seeking to join a high-performing, mission-driven team.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct research, analysis, and shed light on market trends and consumer behaviors to tell compelling, data-driven stories that unlock Similarweb’s value for Consumer Goods and eCommerce customers and prospects to support pre-sales efforts
- Effectively handle large, complex and disparate quantitative datasets, which require strong experience in analysing large data sets and creating effective presentations.
- Summarise data to produce tables, charts, and graphs; generate polished diagnostic analyses/reports. Summarise conclusions and recommendations in a concise, client-friendly manner
- When relevant, enhance data from our platform with secondary sources, including annual reports, presentations and market research reports
- Develop repeatable and scalable analysis and content
- Stay abreast of emerging industry trends and evaluate their significance, as well as incorporate areas of client interest revealed by Professional Services
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ priorities and challenges to derive consumer and market insights that prompt action
- Assist in building a central insights knowledge base for all ecommerce categories across markets
- Evangelise and influence internal marketing partners to incorporate and emphasise your research in client-facing events and relevant programs
- Execute against a variety of regular and ad-hoc insights projects for Marketing and Sales, meeting agreed-upon milestones
- Partner with Marketing, Advisory Services, Client Services, and Products to identify critical business questions that can be answered through Similarweb Insights
- Conduct primary research on either an annual or bi-annual basis with our Market Research Panel
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- 3 to 4 years of working experience in a similar insights, and analytics role within the CPG/FMCG sector
- Strong Retail, CPG, eCommerce or Financial Services market knowledge/experience required
- Experience working with a high volume of website and app traffic and engagement data, plus SKU, category and store-level CPG brand data across multiple retailers and KPIs
- Advanced Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides/Presentation building skills essential, data querying skills preferred (SQL, Python, etc)
- Loves utilising qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and working in market research, data analytics, digital intelligence, and creating industry reports with high attention to detail
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills ; experience in generating and sharing meaningful insights across business categories and to multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Proactive and creative with a ‘can do’ attitude, open to new challenges
- Expert in managing time management and multi-tasking, able to manage and prioritize projects to meet deadlines independently
- Self-driven & quick learner, who has the confidence to push their own ideas to challenge current ways of working
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to navigate complex organization structures and influence accordingly to succeed)
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organisation.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalised coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.