Product Design Team Manager
Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 4500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We are looking for a passionate and creative Product Design Team Manager to join the most creative design team in the industry. You'll lead with full ownership the product design process and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including product managers, and engineers to turn complex problems into innovative and intuitive designs that meet both user needs and business goals.
The Product Design team manager will report to the Director of Product Design, B2B
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
As the Product Design Team Manager at Similarweb, you will lead a team of talented designers and drive the vision and execution of our product design strategy for our core product.. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and user research to develop exceptional digital products.
You will have autonomy over the product design process, from research and ideation to final execution.
In this role, your impact on the company will be significant, as you will be a part of our core product team, responsible for ensuring the design team delivers exceptional digital products that align with business objectives and user needs.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as the team manager of the product design team means your daily responsibilities will include:
- Lead a complex area of our product with full ownership over the product design process, from research and ideation to prototyping, testing, and final execution and hand-off to engineering
- Mentor other designers within the same group while leading the vision of product design within the group
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Maintain and improve our design systems and guidelines to ensure consistency and quality across our platform.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data tools to research, track and measure the design flows
- Advocate for the user, ensuring that user needs and feedback are at the forefront of the design and product process.
- Communicate with stakeholders, including executives, on design decisions, progress, and outcomes.
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- 5+ years of experience in product design, with a proven track record of delivering successful digital SaaS products.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and mentoring small design teams.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your design skills, process, and impact on business objectives.
- You possess excellent communication skills - Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Being able to participate in high level strategy and vision discussions. Ability to think about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build'),
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, UX patterns, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in data visualization and working on complexed SaaS platforms - big advantage
- Experience in Agile - advantage
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
What makes the Similarweb Product Design team awesome?
We love data! And as a result of that, our day-to-day work is all about being data driven and solving complex UX challenges. At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, with an ongoing professional challenge.
As part of our global Product Design Team you will work alongside the industry’s top talent where you will have the chance to not only learn but also grow professionally.
Besides that, we strongly believe in:
- Impactful work - both internally and externally: SimilarWeb is a leading market intelligence company, and as the Product Design Team Manager, you will play a critical role in shaping the company's products and driving its growth.
- Collaborative and supportive culture: SimilarWeb has a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning. You will work with a talented and passionate team that values diversity, inclusivity, and employee wellbeing.
- Career growth and development: SimilarWeb is committed to supporting the professional growth and development of its employees. As the Product Design Team Manager, you will have access to the latest tools and technologies to help you do your job and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.