Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to develop and integrate systems that retrieve, process and analyze data from around the digital world, generating customer-facing data.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Similarweb is a data-focused company, and data is the heart of our business.
As a data engineer, you will work at the very core of the shopper solution, designing and implementing complex high scale systems to retrieve and analyze data from millions of digital users.
Your role as a data engineer will give you the opportunity to use the most cutting-edge technologies to solve complex technical problems.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the R&D team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- You will work in a heterogeneous team alongside data scientists. Together you will tackle complex data challenges and bring new solutions and algorithms to production.
- Develop and maintain data processing jobs using big data technologies
- Contribute and improve the existing infrastructure of code and data pipelines, constantly exploring new technologies.
- You will experiment with various technologies in the domain of big data processing.
- You will monitor our data pipelines to ensure data is ingested correctly from various sources, you will identify and fix bottlenecks and failures.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- Passionate about data.
- Holds a BSc degree in Computer Science from a leading university - MUST.
- Has at least 2 year of server-side software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages.
- Is proficient in one or more general-purpose programming languages, including but not limited to Python, Java, Scala.
- Is comfortable taking on challenges and learning new technologies, including new coding languages.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between engineering teams
- Can easily prioritize tasks and work independently
- Conveys a strong sense of ownership over the products of the team
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Has excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
Nice to have:
Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Airflow, etc.
About the R&D team
As part of our R&D team at Similarweb, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging algorithmic problems with no playbook solution, solve problems for real customers, and work alongside the best engineers and scientists in the industry.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.