QC - Analytical Agronomist (Temporary)
About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science, and deep learning algorithms to effectively monitor fields. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in North America, South America, Europe, CIS, and Oceania, Taranis targets high-volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and give farmers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $100M from leading VC investors and is being led by a founding team with deep experience in both agriculture and technology.
We are looking for a highly motivated Analytical Agronomist to join our Operations department for a temporary position.
- Perform quality control for images taken from Soy and corn fields in USA.
- identify - diseases, nutrient deficiencies, weeds species, and chemical and insect damage in different crops.
- Interact with annotation and tagging teams - provide instructions and guidance
- Agronomy degree or on his/her last year
- Understanding and experience working with information systems.
- A basic level of English (verbal and written).
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Able to adapt quickly to an intensive, fast-paced environment.
- Own strong attention to detail and a sense of accountability.
- Quick learner, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives.
- Have great communication skills.
- Team player
- Temp position for three months
- Available for 5 shifts per week (Morning and afternoon shifts)