Staff Accountant - Corp
WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
We are looking to hire a dynamic Staff Accountant to join our company’s accounting department. You’ll be responsible for maintaining financial records and reports, performing month end close journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts and providing accounting support in various areas as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Actively participate in the monthly financial close process and ensure work is complete in accordance with close schedule
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliations for multiple accounts.
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations as assigned
- Responsible for maintaining fixed assets, prepaid expenses, including management of depreciation and amortization expense
- Support accounting team with a wide variety of functions including account analysis, audit schedule support and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Assist the team in preparation of monthly financial statements
- Adhere to accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Maintain SOX control environment.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least three years of experience as a corporate staff accountant and/or two years of experience in public accounting
- Strong analytical skills and a solid knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong Excel skills including use of vlookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with team members
BONUS POINTS IF
- Familiarity with Oracle
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $60,000. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.