Staff Engineer, Fullstack (Golang)
WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The work you do will be instrumental in helping organizations across many industries, empowering companies to harness the power of AI in addressing business challenges efficiently and at scale. You will design, build, and champion rich User Interface's and Backend Application code for efficiency as well as contribute to the overall architecture of the world’s first operating system for artificial intelligence, aiWARE.
- Deploy and manage aiWARE instances: The Hub team accelerates and simplifies deployment and management of aiWARE instances.
- Package management: All public and org-locked engines, and any schemas associated with these engines, are managed via the Hub. aiWARE package support is in progress. Packages can include engines, schemas, applications, Automate flows, and more!
- Operations: Status, metrics, and configuration information is visible for each instance. Hub instance settings are configurable from the UI.
- Write scalable code to help facilitate hundreds of AI engines across over 20 cognitive categories, an intelligent data lake, APIs, workflow tools and various industry applications.
- Design and implement GraphQL API services in Nodejs, Golang using open source technologies including Docker, Jenkins, PostgreSQL, Git version control and more.
- Exemplify what it means to build optimized and efficient code across the entire stack.
- System-oriented, you are concerned with topics such as end-to-end data flows and its impact on the system, scalability of each layer within the system, the technologies chosen throughout the stack, data persistence, and messaging, with the goal of driving excellence through the stack.
- You have a DevOps mindset: instrumentation and correlation, build pipelines, development and stage environments, development practices, automating tasks, speed, and accuracy of testing, etc.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain software code for our high-performance business applications.
- Own the monitoring of the system and are aware of its SLAs
- Lead the engagement with Product, Design, and Infrastructure teams to build or enhance applications and services.
- Lead new designs, leveraging the ideas from the team to come up with the optimal solution.
- You are a significant contributor to the code review process, offering suggestions for improvement, helping to enforce coding standards, identifying gaps in the coding standard, and updating accordingly.
- Leverage code reviews, design discussions, and other engagements as an opportunity to level up your team.
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency
- Partner with product, design and infrastructure teams to build, design and enhance our applications and services
- Take ownership of your team’s commitments, assisting when needed, and encouraging the team to meet their commitments.
- You are a leading voice during all Agile ceremonies, sharing knowledge, asking questions, and candidly challenging assumptions, and proposing new pathways forward.
- Challenge the status quo of the team by:
- Model how the team and organization can improve their development processes and operational efficiency
- You are a technical expert (and domain expert) in multiple technologies your team leverages
- Establish and maintain relationships with people from other engineering teams, functional areas, and business units.
- Influence the whole team, making an impact across the board, not just on specific parts of it
- Model thoughtful risk-taking, pointing to examples from your past as a guide. Taking on tough assignments, using these assignments to mentor others on the team, accelerating their career-growth and encouraging them to participate.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 3+ years of professional experience building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered and distributed environment.
- Design and implement services in a variety of programming languages including Nodejs and Golang.
- Professional experience with RDBMSs and NoSQL DBs
- Bonus if you have PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch experience
- Successful deployment of production code at scale.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven track record of writing highly factorable and maintainable code which includes unit tests, readable code and decent implementations of design patterns.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or solid knowledge of CS fundamentals (OOP, design patterns, algorithms, etc...)
- Experience and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work on the next generation of Artificial Intelligence applications.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive Compensation Package
- Participation in our Equity Program
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $132,000.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.