Associate Media Buyer - Podcast
WE ARE VERITONE ONE
Veritone One is one of the world’s largest full-service performance-based audio advertising agencies, creating native and traditional ads for the world’s most recognizable brands. The agency’s expertise in media buying, planning and creative execution, coupled with its unmatched ability to track near real-time performance of advertisements through Veritone, Inc.’s proprietary aiWARE™ technology, enables Veritone One to deliver ads with unmatched effectiveness in a way that’s simple, scalable and trackable.
Veritone One is powered by Veritone aiWare, Veritone, Inc’s proprietary platform that processes and organizes unstructured audio and video data using AI-based cognitive computing. This gives us the ability to provide our clients with real-time ad verification and compliance, organize and share every mention, and turn hard data into actionable intelligence we use to optimize your campaign. We’d say it’s the future of advertising--but we’ve been doing it for years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Negotiate with advertising sales agents to acquire cost-efficient and budget-conscious advertising, sponsorships, or product placements.
- Command strong analytical thinking, communication, persuasion, and research abilities.
- Develop a strong understanding of client needs and wants. Continuously research new media opportunities and emerging trends and technology within the ecosystem.
- Work with the internal strategy team to help determine overarching media strategy, client goals, media recommendation, and plan.
- Vet out talent, shows, new media offerings, etc.. to determine value and if offerings align with the client's strategy.
- Build thoughtful media plans based on given criteria and narrative.
- Secure client-approved media schedules and send Insertion Orders to vendors.
- Input media schedules into the buying system and collaborate with internal teams to ensure seamless plan integration and workflow.
- Provide detailed campaign analysis and recommendations to internal and client teams.
- Experience purchasing and managing a variety of media campaigns and various deal structures including but not limited to CPA, CPM, Cross Channel, and International.
- Solid experience in managing all aspects of buying, including tracking, performance, and media optimization.
- Send payment requests to accounting for CIA deals.
- Work with the account team to confirm media funds are in-house prior to booking media.
- Manage all make-good requests and media optimizations based on performance.
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure monthly invoices are received and reconciled for all account assignments.
- Actively participate in internal meetings to review performance results and present media recommendations in advance of all external client meetings.
- Plan, negotiate, book and optimize annual deals for multiple clients.
- Work with tight deadlines while managing multiple projects and deliverables.
- Assist with any additional task overflow within the department.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, mass media communications, advertising, or a related field.
- Media Planning experience in any of the following channels - Podcast or Influencer
- Must have exceptional Excel & PowerPoint skills, with knowledge of formulas, calculating and manipulating data comfortably within Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.
- Experience in Communication Processes
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; comfortable in a data-driven business environment.
BONUS POINTS IF
- You are a podcast enthusiast!
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $60000.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.