WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Compliance Analyst to join our team and support our ongoing efforts in ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations, including SOX, Client Security Questionnaires, Third Party Security Risk assessments, and SOC 2 compliance etc. The Compliance Analyst will play a crucial role in identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks while maintaining a robust compliance program.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with internal teams to assess, document, and test internal controls related to financial reporting.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of SOX control documentation.
- Coordinate with external auditors to facilitate the annual SOX audit process.
- Identify and report control deficiencies and recommend remediation actions.
- Respond to client security questionnaires, ensuring accurate and timely completion.
- Work closely with the sales and client services teams to gather necessary information.
- Maintain a database of standard responses and update them as needed.
- Assess the security posture of third-party vendors and partners.
- Conduct risk assessments and due diligence on third-party vendors.
- Ensure compliance with vendor security requirements and standards.
- Maintain a vendor risk management program.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of SOC 2 policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation for SOC 2 audits and assessments.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of controls related to SOC 2 requirements.
- Participate in the remediation of control deficiencies identified during SOC 2 audits.
- Continuously monitor and track compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Generate compliance reports and provide regular updates to management.
- Recommend improvements to compliance processes and controls.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Information Security, Business, or Finance).
- Professional certifications such as CISA, CISSP, or equivalent are a plus.
- Previous experience in GRC, compliance, risk management, or a related role.
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks such as SOX, SOC 2, PCI, ISO27001 and industry-specific security standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Investigation / Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the potential ability to obtain a Public Trust investigation (Tier 2) and / or Secret Clearance.
Bonus Points If
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Relevant professional certifications in Information Security or Governance Risk Compliance Management is a plus, such as CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CSX-P, CISSP, CCSK
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $100,000.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.