Sr. Data Scientist - Computer Vision
WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
Our team is looking to add an ambitious Senior Computer Vision Data Scientist who works well in an extremely innovative and fast-paced environment. If you can translate complex problems into actionable insights, then please continue reading.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The successful candidate will work with a team of UK (London) based developers driving the definition, development and evolution of the Veritone’s Video Re-Identification (RE-ID), which takes both images and video data and performs intelligent analysis such as object detection and recognition for surveillance and business intelligence applications. The work will involve developing novel deep learning models and algorithms for image and video analysis, object detection and tracking, cross-domain/cross-view object localization, person and vehicle RE-ID (re-identification) and search, visual attribute recognition and search in videos and images, vision-language multimodal self-labelling and self-supervised learning, human-in-the-loop hard negative mining for model incremental learning, LLM (Large Language Model) driven image data generation and data distribution augmentation.
This person will be “the” technical contact for all aspects of model research & development.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- PhD degree in Computer Vision with up-to-date extensive knowledge and experience in deep learning algorithm development and implementation
- Extensive experience with common Python frameworks such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, pandas, OpenCV. Experience in Exploratory data analysis.
- Very comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Familiarity with SW Dev Tools and agile development practices,
- 8 years experience in developing deep learning or classical machine learning models, along with 2+ years’ experience as the technical lead.
- Excellent communication skills (written / verbal).
- Desire to work on the next generation of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision Machine Learning applications.
- Motivated to drive tasks to completion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
BONUS POINTS IF
- Knowledge of C++, TensorRT.
- Experience of working on object detection and/or tracking, re-identification (RE-ID), face recognition or matching, or attribute prediction, vision-language multimodal self-supervised learning, LLM generative image synthesis.
- Experience of deploying machine learning models into production.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Should candidates not be normally resident in the UK they must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1999.
The successful candidate will be working in the Veritone UK development branch located in London.