Staff Engineer, Fullstack (Public Safety)
We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer experienced in developing, integrating, deploying, and testing advanced analytics for both on-premise and regulatory environment deployment options. Building solutions towards AI-native applications servicing the Government, Legal, and Compliance (GLC) verticals. Our GLC applications cover a broad spectrum from public safety to law enforcement agencies; use cases spanning from helping police departments identify suspects captured in video evidence to assisting district attorneys to surface key evidence buried in terabytes of discovery ESI. Our GLC applications are all built upon aiWARE, a hyper-expansive Enterprise AI platform. aiWARE orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video, and other data sources into actionable intelligence.
Impact: We take on meaningful and challenging projects that change the world for the better. Examples of our work include supporting high-profile legal cases as well as improving the day to day operations of law enforcement agencies.
Applications and integrations supported in this role:
What You’ll Do
- The successful applicant will be a major contributor to software for the state and federal agencies supporting the Public Safety, Justice, Defense and Intelligence ecosystems.
- Build solutions that meet our customer’s needs and are maintainable, cost-effective and responsive.
- Partner with our product, design and infrastructure teams to build or enhance applications and services.
- Own the reliability of the application and services by partnering with operations and infrastructure to build, scale and monitor services and applications.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain software code for our high-performance business applications.
- Analyze and optimize User Interface and Backend Application code for efficiency.
What You'll Need
- At least 5 years of professional experience building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered and distributed environment.
- Design and implement services in a variety of programming languages including Nodejs and Golang.
- Successful deployment of production code at scale.
- Proven track record of writing maintainable code which includes unit tests, readable code and decent implementations of design patterns.
Bonus Points If
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or solid knowledge of CS fundamentals (OOP, design patterns, algorithms, etc...)
- Previous experience with DoD, Intelligence Community (IC) federal, government, Public Sector, compliance, or regulatory industry
- Experience and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work on the next generation of Artificial Intelligence applications .
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $149,000.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.