Sr. Data Operations Engineer
WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
The Sr. Data Operations Engineer plays a critical role working closely with various stakeholders throughout the organization to deliver and support our business operations. Our data operations engineers play a critical part in democratizing data across our organization. As such, this creative individual will develop data solutions, build and enhance internal applications, as well as find new ways to streamline processes resulting in new efficiencies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as an expert for the Data Operations for the following systems and functions:
- BI systems and reporting: Enablement, compliance, development & maintenance (Qlik / PowerBI)
- ETL tools: Enablement, compliance, development, and maintenance (Alteryx / Rivery / Snowflake)
- Business data warehouse: Enablement, compliance, development, and maintenance.
- Business data pipeline: Enablement, compliance, development, and maintenance
- Enable cross-functional cooperation:
- Advocate the “full stack” mentality to other teams in the company by championing the business intelligence stack to the wider organization for achieving broader self-sufficiency
- Improve operational efficiencies:
- Democratize data across the organization thus enabling operational insights and promoting data driven decisions
- Pursue cost reduction opportunities
- Contribute to the centralized repository of processes, data sources, and data flows
- Improve processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations
- Clarify and document data workflows and processes for business continuity and transparency
- Adhere to best practices
- Find opportunities to reduce technical debt within our pipelines and systems
- Learn, share, and follow best practices, optimization, efficient code, and other architectural principles
- Design solutions that solve the “whole” problem. Focus on reducing processing time, and still delivering data that is formed and understood for digestion across the business
- Manage and democratize the data that drives our business:
- Build and deliver workflows to prepare and transform business-critical and operational data
- Turn data into actionable insights for data-driven business decisions
- Understand and direct how the data across systems, how it relates, how it flows, and how it impacts key KPIs across the organization to ensure alignment with strategic goals
- Develop operational dashboards to provide insights into the rhythm of the business
- Enhance and expand the data warehouse and pipeline for business data to support the growth of Veritone’s analytical maturity
- Build a business community at Veritone around the data we collect, and create new ways for how data sources can be reapplied to other parts of the company
- Strategic planning and programs:
- Contribute to the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions related to various business functions.
- Successful operations within Enterprise Applications:
- Deliver based on the prioritization of projects set forth for the Data Operations groups based on corporate priorities
- Business systems process expertise within the software / SaaS industry, especially within Sales & Marketing functions.
- Expertise in analyzing and developing solutions to highly complex problems.
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Demonstrated capacity to develop innovative solutions, systems and products to support company objectives.
- Ability to effectively communicate business issues and needs at a senior leadership level and how technology supports those requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a technical authority within the organization and with customers.
- Experience managing projects or customer relationships of critical importance.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Alteryx and Rivery as well as BI tools like Qlik and PowerBI
- Demonstrated experience utilizing AI tools and/or engines.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with ETL, data structures, sql, postgresql, Snowflake
- Experience with cloud data warehouse / data lake and integrations with those systems
- In depth knowledge and experience with APIs and integrations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Capability to document business process
- Knowledge of and ability to put into practice commonly used Agile SDLC methodology.
- Ability to learn and acquire new toolsets.
- Experience with snowpipes and processes, dbt, CI/CD within PowerBI
- Advanced functional and configuration experience working with data tools – BI platforms, DBs, ETL tools, Cloud data warehouses, AWS etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $109,750.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in California & Colorado.