Sales Engineer (Public Sector - SaaS/PaaS)
WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
We are seeking a Sales Engineer who will provide solutions towards AI-native applications servicing the Public Sector verticals. Our Public Sector applications cover a broad spectrum from public safety to law enforcement agencies; use cases spanning from helping police departments identify suspects captured in video evidence to assisting district attorneys to surface key evidence buried in terabytes of discovery ESI. Our Public Sector applications are all built upon aiWARE, a hyper-expansive Enterprise AI platform. aiWARE orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video, and other data sources into actionable intelligence.
Impact: We take on meaningful and challenging projects that change the world for the better.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Use technical skills to explain the benefits of their products or services to potential customers and to show how their products or services are better than their competitors' products.
- Interest the client in buying Veritone products or services, and support the salesperson in closing the sale.
- Give technical presentations during which they explain the technical aspects of the product and how it will solve a specific customer problem.
- Team with salespersons who concentrate on marketing and selling the product, which lets the Sales Engineer concentrate on the technical aspects of the job.
- Identify all technical issues and come up with solutions through all stages of the technical sales cycle.
- Build positive relationships with the client's technical staff.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to Public Sector and Government regulated companies.
- Act as the "bridge" between customers and Engineering/Product, translating customer requests into product requirements.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Secure and renew orders and assist in product launches.
- Plan and modify products to meet client needs.
- Assist in researching and developing new products.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- The successful applicant will have a proven track record of selling software and services for local, state, and federal government agencies supporting the Public Safety, Justice, Defense and Intelligence ecosystems.
- Security Clearance strongly desired
- Deep technical expertise and acumen in B-to-B SaaS/PaaS, Cloud and Enterprise Software.
- Experience providing solutions that meet our customer’s needs and are maintainable, cost-effective and responsive.
BONUS POINTS IF
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or solid knowledge of CS fundamentals (OOP, design patterns, algorithms, etc...)
- Previous experience with enterprise-class products in any of the following segments: eDiscovery, digital evidence management, compliance surveillance, media asset management, content management, business process automation, RPA; preferably in the public safety, DOD/Intel or legal eDiscovery markets.
- Previous experience supporting MSA, SI and/or government channel partners with enablement and education programs
- Experience and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work on the next generation of Artificial Intelligence applications .
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(California & Colorado Only*): Minimum annual salary of $106,750.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in California & Colorado.