Sr. Data Engineer (Media Operations)
WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
The Senior Enterprise Application Engineer plays a critical role working closely with various stakeholders throughout the organization to deliver and support our business operations. Our enterprise applications team members enable, support, and develop solutions that directly meet our primary objective: which is to “help everyone”. As such, this creative, conscientious, and service-minded individual will help all people by enabling users, refining processes to ensure data hygiene and consistency, and find new ways to streamline and achieve new operational efficiencies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and administer custom solutions & integrations within following systems:
- Business intelligence software (Qlik / PowerBI)
- Business productivity tools (Jira)
- Other 3rd party systems and tools
- Improve operational efficiencies:
- Develop solutions to achieve operational efficiencies within our enterprise ecosystem
- Enhance and continually improve a data driven digital workplace experience
- Document decisions and ensure transparency and system health within our enterprise systems.
- Ensure enhancements and additions within the enterprise ecosystem are solving the right problem the right way
- Manage and democratize the data that drives our business:
- Create, support and maintain our Salesforce instance and workflows
- Create, support and maintain data pipelines (primarily to and within Snowflake)
- Help to gather and document requirements (functional and technical) for project needs based on understanding of business processes
- Help to improve the health of our Salesforce instance
- Help to improve the health of our Data warehouse and pipelines
- Reconcile data between source and target systems
- Develop operational dashboards to provide insights into the rhythm of the business
- Develop, configure, and perform testing and debugging of applications using current technologies
- Provide documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of delivered solutions
- Follow the standards set forth for our development processes – ensuring that it is compliant with Veritone policies and procedures
- Ensure successful operations within Enterprise Applications:
- Deliver based on the prioritization of projects set forth for Business systems and Data Operations groups based on corporate priorities
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Business systems process expertise especially within financial or media operations.
- Expertise within Snowflake, SQL & Python
- Experience building and configuring solutions within Salesforce
- Expertise in analyzing and developing solutions to highly complex problems.
- Experience working within Jira
- Demonstrated capacity to develop innovative solutions, systems and products to support company objectives.
- Ability to effectively communicate business issues and needs at a senior leadership level and how technology supports those requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a technical authority within the organization and with customers.
- Experience managing projects or customer relationships of critical importance.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing AI tools and/or engines.
WHO YOU ARE
- In depth knowledge and experience with APIs and integrations
- 2+ years experience working with Salesforce
- 2+ years experience working with SQL / Snowflake
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Capability to document business process in draw.io or other charting tool
- Knowledge of and ability to put into practice commonly used Agile SDLC methodology.
- Ability to learn and acquire new tools
- Understanding of data structures and relationships in terms of reporting
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $108,000.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in California & Colorado.