WE ARE VERITONE (DO NOT EDIT)
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
Veritone, Inc. is seeking an Accounting Specialist to assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable activities for our advertising and talent agencies. This position will collaborate with the larger accounting department in our Remote First environment to handle billing and collection tasks for our clients and work on invoices and inquiries from our vendors. Candidates for this role must have the ability to communicate effectively and engage with other parts of the business to finalize AR and AP transactions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be an integral part of the accounts receivable and accounts payable process for our high-
volume advertising agency and talent agency
- Work with clients and vendors, including inquiries/communication, generating invoices, credit
memos, payments, and working on aging reports
- Assist in researching and resolving issues that may arise in the AR/AP processing cycles
- Interact with other departments, including account managers and media buyers, regarding
client and vendor accounts to determine treatment of transactions
- Assist in providing documents (invoices, credit memos) to clients, including uploading them
to portals as needed
- Assist in obtaining vendor invoices to close out client projects
- Provide supporting documents and assistance with requests for annual and quarterly
financial statement audits
- Adhere to procedural workflows and proper financial controls within a SOX compliant
- Attend various meetings as needed, including client and vendor meetings
- Other duties and projects as assigned by VP, Controller
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college courses in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Excel
- Highly detail-oriented in a high volume, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with an ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally across various departments
- Excellent organizational skills and a solution driven approach to problems to add value and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
BONUS POINTS IF
- Prior experience with large ERP systems, Oracle or Workday preferred
- Prior experience in a SOX environment
- Previous advertising/talent agency experience
- College degree in Accounting/Finance
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $55,000.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.